Introducing ourselves

More
10 years 6 months ago #29919 by lisaeve
Hi
We have just purchased a property in the Bay of Plenty - 17Ha, with 7 Ha to be covenanted bush, another few Ha of bush and scrub, and remainder hills and flat grazing.
We already have chickens at our current place, and will be looking to get pigs, sheep, cows, maybe horses at the new place. Our biggest issue right now is controlling the grazing which is racing away now there's no stock on there.
We will be building too and going off grid. We know a lot about gardening, power supplies and a bit about building so happy to answer questions on those, but will be asking lots of questions about animals!
Lisa and Marcus

17 Ha lifestyle property in Bay of Plenty... 7 Ha covenanted bush, remainder scrub, hills, and flat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #404623 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Introducing ourselves
too much grass...never a big problem......silage, hay or take in neighbours stock for a clean up! No grass....big problem.....halleluia for the rain :D

More
10 years 6 months ago #404630 by lisaeve
Replied by lisaeve on topic Introducing ourselves
Nobody around here wants extra grazing... they're all haivng problems keeping up with their own! definitely bigger problems to have.
I think we may end up investigating having someone in to make hay.
thanks.

17 Ha lifestyle property in Bay of Plenty... 7 Ha covenanted bush, remainder scrub, hills, and flat.

More
10 years 6 months ago #404733 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Introducing ourselves
Yes, even if you don't have stock now, hay is money in the bank for later provided it is stored well.

Welcome to the site. I've learned heaps since I have been a member - I'd had dogs and cats all my adult life, but from advice here I was able to deliver a lamb that was stuck during birth, something way out of my previous comfort zone. You read something here, it's not applicable at the time, but ti is stored away until suddenly - I know where I can look that up! The search engine is very useful!!!!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds