• Bryn Parc
10 years 6 months ago #29889 by Bryn Parc
New Member was created by Bryn Parc
Hello, I'm not very computer literate but here goes! On our 10 acre lifestyle block nr Winton in Southland we have 4 horses, 3 dairy goat does, and too many chickens (north holland blue and new hampshire red x north holland blue) and bee hives. We have an orchard with 300 fruit trees (mostly apple) 500+ gooseberry bushes and added to the mix blackcurrant, blackberry, raspberry and many herbs (grown especially for the horses and goats). I make everything from furniture polish, soap, cheese and preserves, I even use the roses for rose petal syrup and hips. Our orchard is organic and very labour intensive but as many of the apples are medicinal ie Monty's Surpise and Russet verieties (controls blood sugars) I would hate to spray so instead I just work harder at weeding! Am looking forward to learning and sharing more via this website.... Ann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #404230 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic New Member
whaawho! you have got it all happening on your block.. well done, look forward to hearing about what you are up to and how you make you remedies and cleaners etc..but i would say.. just as well i am sooo far away or your wonderful orchard may suffer from the occasional late night raid![;)].. love the berries and cant grow them to save myself..

More
10 years 6 months ago #404241 by Cinsara
Replied by Cinsara on topic New Member
Welcome Ann, I remember you used to breed Dorkings as well, obviously not any more :-) Another chook fancier is very welcome :D

>

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate!

More
10 years 6 months ago #404248 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic New Member
Welcome!

Wow you must be busy.

Im sure you will learn & share quite a bit here :)

Good luck with the computer side of things, you will be a pro at find your way around this site in no time!

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds