Hey! I'm new...funny that.

More
10 years 7 months ago #29680 by jiranz5
Hi all, I live on a 12.5 acre property near Waimate, South Canterbury. Place is split, 7 acres forest, 5 acre paddock and 1/2 acre around the house. Normally run 14 sheep, 1 milking cow, 1 milking goat, a few ducks and a couple dozen chickens. Am originally a town boy (raised in Dunedin), so the whole Lifestyle change has been a big eye opener.

My dad found this website when researching a problem with my 12 month old Brindle Huntaway who was falsely accused of making the neighbours cattle stampede through several fences. Luckily we have people coming and going all the time and can establish a timeline which clears her name. Unfortunately Waimate is a really small town and the Bush Telegraph has already been sent, so I'm considering re-homing her if there's anyone in the area interested. She has the Grey Hound throwback, good, deep vocals, fast runner and quick to learn. She's already undergoing Obedience and Agility and with the right training, she would be a good working dog. Love her to bits, but there's a lot of extra pressure and stress on family from people in the area.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #402260 by Thunda
Replied by Thunda on topic Hey! I'm new...funny that.
Hi jiranz5 - welcome.
Regarding your dog - some people are very narrow minded. Maybe give it a bit of time until people are on to the next local drama and keep your lovely dog. I was in the same situation - only they said my dog killed over 30 sheep and lambs (just because i was new in the area!), the dog that did the damage came back though and was caught in the act. No one apologised to me, but after about 6 months we are all frineds and it is all forgotten.
Good Luck

More
10 years 7 months ago #402276 by jiranz5
Replied by jiranz5 on topic Hey! I'm new...funny that.
Thanks Thunda, I think it was one of your posts I was reading. It helped a lot! I think I will wait a bit and see if things quieten down.

More
10 years 7 months ago #402278 by UsBlacksheep1
Hi ya from a local..well...imported local :D Know what you mean about the waimo telegraph!! Hope everything settles for you with your dog/neighbours.. :)

back on lifestyle block..so excited!..
Still have a full on Jack Russell,a Bischon X, Lilly cat,our new cat Fudge ,max the horse cat,plus 14 Barnevelders....

More
10 years 7 months ago #402285 by jiranz5
Replied by jiranz5 on topic Hey! I'm new...funny that.

UsBlacksheep1;397717 wrote: ...imported local...

:rolleyes: Yep, I'm a 7th year foreigner in the Waimo region :) . It certainly does take awhile to settle into a new community. I'm only just making some inroads now!

More
10 years 7 months ago #402404 by feedqueen
Why should you give up a loved family pet on the say so of those around you ? If your conscience is clear the truth will come out. Bugger them all!

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds