HELP Sick lamb

More
10 years 7 months ago #29523 by pat an karen
HELP Sick lamb was created by pat an karen
i there people. New to site. My wife an i have about half an acre an are slowly building up a lil zoo. We just bougt to young lambs (boy is bout 7 days and te girl is about 4 days) but I'm wooried about the our lil girl lily, she is not active an hey eyes look like conjuntivites and her nose is snooty. Wil be taking her to vet tommorow at five but am worried about her, should i take her in now or is tere anything i can do to help her. She is also shaking on her feet an noticed at her last feed her breathing a little raspy. Any help PLEASE would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #400915 by pat an karen
Replied by pat an karen on topic HELP Sick lamb

pat an karen;396168 wrote: i there people. New to site. My wife an i have about half an acre an are slowly building up a lil zoo. We just bougt to young lambs (boy is bout 7 days and te girl is about 4 days) but I'm wooried about the our lil girl lily, she is not active an hey eyes look like conjuntivites and her nose is snooty. Wil be taking her to vet tommorow at five but am worried about her, should i take her in now or is tere anything i can do to help her. She is also shaking on her feet an noticed at her last feed her breathing a little raspy. Any help PLEASE would be greatly appreciated.

Wow just read my cry for help an omg, should've proof read first LOL

More
10 years 7 months ago #400916 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic HELP Sick lamb
Rattly chest sounds a bit phneumonia ish ( spelling) or a little fluid on lungs
My current House Destroyer ( Lucky lamb ) was very rattley with in hours of birth ( long story, long birth, not good outcome for the first twin, mum buggered and sick from the birth)
I brought him home and fed him small ammounts (100 -150 mls) every couple of hours , and keptt him very warm for a few days .. :) he has come right :) .,. can still get a bit rattley sometimes if he guts to much to fast

I would be getting Vet to check your girl in morning for sure

oh :) welcome to the lsb cyber family to :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #400924 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic HELP Sick lamb
Take her to the vet tonight - right now.

More
10 years 7 months ago #400928 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic HELP Sick lamb
Apart from getting some vet advice asap, check her eyelids are not turned in. Can you see the lower lashes or are they inturned and irritating the eye?
If so, this needs to be turned out to stop permanent damage.

A few drops of artificial tears, say Optrex, might help her.

Look here at entropion

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds