City Slickers to Lifestyle blocker's

More
10 years 8 months ago #29074 by juxtajennynz
Hi All

Well who'd have thought it just under 12 months ago we arrived from the UK, city dwellers through and through and today 2 weeks on we own our own lifestyle block, omg!!

We have a small 4&1/2 acre block, with a huge shed, what is it with the shed's in NZ, in England you's put up whole families in buidings so big.........!!

However, I digress, so we are new, very new to all that is lifestyle, we have 2 'beefies' on the way, just being weaned! then its get some chooks!

So with the aid of lifestyle block magazine, your good selves and google, we hope to do good! I am looking forward to draining you of your wealth of knowledge and insights........... so many grateful thanks in advance!!

Juxtajenny :)

Thanks
Juxtajenny
[:)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #396023 by Hawkspur
A shed can never be too big [;)]
Congratulations :D

More
10 years 8 months ago #396034 by eelcat
Nor can you have too many of them. Welcome.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
10 years 8 months ago #396038 by feedqueen
What about all those old barns over there forever being converted into lovely homes we see on TV all the time. Most of those are 2 storey and huge! Will so love some stone sheds!

More
10 years 8 months ago #396060 by Stu_R
:) you can never have to many sheds or any that are to big :) ... lol as i am sure you wiull work out when yours is full :)
Welcome to LSB extended cyber family :)
:) your in a good area :) lol i was born n breed up your way :() lol born in Waiuku hospital
Moved to the Might Manawatu when i was young

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #398905 by firefly13
Welcome - Im sure you will find this forum as wonderful as I have :-) so many kind, helpful LSB's on here ! and congrats on making such a big move, all the best for your new kiwi life :D

More
10 years 8 months ago #399115 by bevhawkins
Welcome from one pom to another! What part of UK are you
from?

More
10 years 8 months ago #399486 by juxtajennynz
I'm from Birmingham, born and bred, 7 miles from the city centre!! as far as you can get from the sea.............!!

Thanks
Juxtajenny
[:)]

More
10 years 7 months ago #399566 by bevhawkins
We are from Cambridgeshire. We love it here and have no plans ever to return to the UK!!

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds