Newbie, Loburn Nth Cant.

More
10 years 8 months ago #29024 by VVILLY
Hi all,
My wife and i have put in an offer on 10 Acres in Loburn. Looking at the big move from our house in Rangiora. It has been a bit of a long term goal to do this and due to the large number of people shifting from ChCh to rangiora it was a good move for us to do it.

looking forward to picking a few noses when we need a bit of help and having a laugh on the way

cheers Jase

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #395440 by madeit
Replied by madeit on topic Newbie, Loburn Nth Cant.
:D well done on the move ! , have you bought an established block or new one, and what are your plans for land uses ? always love hearing what others are up to ! :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #395445 by VVILLY
Replied by VVILLY on topic Newbie, Loburn Nth Cant.
its a plain canvas, with a brand new house that will be ready in 2 to 3 weeks.

Quite a weird set up where just over two acres of the land is manages by QE2 trust (native swamp land). We cant farm or put animals on that part. All the neighboring properties are in the same boat.

As for what we will be doing with the land im just trying to find some info out on what ratios for land to animal so i can start thinking about fencing and organization.

More
10 years 8 months ago #395456 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic Newbie, Loburn Nth Cant.
Welcome. I used to live in Loburn. Lovely area. I rode and evented horses, so the quiet roads and wide verges were great. I saw lots of places from the back of a horse!

More
10 years 8 months ago #395463 by VVILLY
nice roads getting alot more busy with all the lifestyle blocks going up everywhere lol

:D :D :D :D

More
10 years 8 months ago #395481 by Trace
Replied by Trace on topic Newbie, Loburn Nth Cant.
Welcome to the forum - that is a big move, all the way from Rangiora to Loburn [;)] :D (closer to the cheese shop though :o :D )

More
10 years 8 months ago #395521 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Newbie, Loburn Nth Cant.
Hope your offer makes allowance for the completely useless two acres of swamp. The property is really only worth whatever eight acres is worth up there. Good luck.

More
10 years 8 months ago #395635 by VVILLY

Trace;390150 wrote: Welcome to the forum - that is a big move, all the way from Rangiora to Loburn [;)] :D (closer to the cheese shop though :o :D )

haha i tell you what this time i wont be doing it myself last time it was me and my trusty sack barrow, box of beers and some deep heat lol

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds