Pleased to be new member of Lifestyle Block

More
10 years 9 months ago #28764 by agent orange
Hi there. I'm Dee and I've just signed up as a new member.
My husband Dave and i have just under 10 acres in rural Greytown in the Wairarapa. Although i have had some farming experience, (about 20 years ago)what I knew then is mostly forgotten and therefore we anticipate needing a bit of help/advice from time to time. We currently run just two in calf angus/fresian cross heifers and two suffolk ewes, plus our lovely old Ross, a 12 year old grey moggy.
Dave works full time at a local vineyard and I run the bed and breakfast which we opened in March this year.
We would love to get to know other Wairarapa members. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #392458 by eelcat
Welcome. We have learned so much from the people on this site.

We're not too far away. We should have a loval get together some tiem soon

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
10 years 8 months ago #394226 by agent orange
Hi eelcat. Had a look at your website after your reply. See you're at the farmers market tomorrow. We're keen to meet new friends in the Wairarapa area and thought we would make ourselves known to you if we can make it to masterton tomrrow. Hope to see you there. dee.(agent orange) :)

More
10 years 8 months ago #394269 by kaybe
Hi Dee and Dave, welcome to the site. I hope it's fine for the farmers' market today.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394360 by eelcat

agent orange;388766 wrote: Hi eelcat. Had a look at your website after your reply. See you're at the farmers market tomorrow. We're keen to meet new friends in the Wairarapa area and thought we would make ourselves known to you if we can make it to masterton tomrrow. Hope to see you there. dee.(agent orange) :)

Did you get there? I'm there (almost) every Saturday - would love to meet you. Otherwise, give us a call and make a time to come over and meet us. Most of us don't bite!!!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
10 years 8 months ago #395851 by foufee
Hi there Dee and Dave.
we are also in the Wairarapa over in Gladstone. There is a Small holders group that has a few members in your area. PM me if you want to know more details though Eelcat may have shared them as they are members too :)

Steph

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds