hey! this is a great site, all new here!

More
12 years 8 months ago #28759 by thelundsuk
Hi Everyone,

We're Angie, Pete & 6 year old Alex Lund.

We've been in NZ a year now & having been living on our LSB up in Katikati for the past few months.

We're so green & new its unbelievable, made a few mistakes, probably make a few more in the years to come but are loving living this way.

We have 4 chooks, 7 ducks, 3 cats, 3 goats & a pet day lamb to keep us busy as well as a small avo orchard. :D

We've got lots of plans for growing our own veggies this year & I'm busy propogating my seeds now.

We're keen to learn from anyone who is willing to offer their advice & experience to us.

looking forward to it all :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #392728 by Andrea1
Welcome to LSB! Yea, more goat people. Whereabouts are you in NZ?

More
12 years 8 months ago #392731 by shad297
Andrea - look at line 3 again!

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
12 years 8 months ago #392736 by eelcat
We've all been green and ignorant to start with but you soon are able to look back and realise how much you have learned in a short while. Welcome, there are lots of wonderful people on this site, some who you will get to meet in person, and some that you will only ever "meet" on line.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
12 years 7 months ago #392743 by Andrea1
Oh, dear... that's my brain these days... I walked out of a shop yesterday, didn't remember where the car was, didn't even remember walking into the shop! I have never done that before!!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #392906 by kaybe
Welcome to the site! What part of the UK are you from?

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
12 years 7 months ago #392907 by Ronney

Andrea;387130 wrote: Oh, dear... that's my brain these days... I walked out of a shop yesterday, didn't remember where the car was, didn't even remember walking into the shop! I have never done that before!!!

Don't worry Andrea, I have been know to go back to the vets three times in one day before I finally got all that I had intended getting. The first visit I walked out with nothing at all :D

More
12 years 7 months ago #392911 by Trace
Welcome to the forum!

More
12 years 7 months ago #393495 by lillies_for_me
Hi and Welcome :)

Yesterday is History;
Tomorrow is a Mystery;
Today is a Gift;
That is why they call it the Present!
[:D]

More
12 years 3 months ago #413035 by JBARRAND
Hi Angie Pete and Alex,

am so glad you are having a great lifestyle out there and hope your Birthday is fab.

I need new contact e mail so please get in touch with me. Hope you found everything you needed to know about growing Veg etc I know my Dad can help if you need any specifics. My knowledge only extends to Manure and water and everything seems to grow in that. (except People)

Hope to hear from you soon kindest regards Jacqui

More
12 years 3 months ago #413051 by bevhawkins
Hi from one Pom to another! You will learn heaps from this site - I have :D Where in the UK are you all from?

More
12 years 3 months ago #413262 by AnneY
Welcome Angie, Pete & Alex,
You are in a great place to grow your own...I sew most of my veges and flowers from seeds - it great fun and very rewarding. Kings Seeds, they are online, have a great selection of seeds and you can get some great rare and old fashioned goodies. Growing from cuttings is another great way to get more for less. - and the left overs go to the stock.

Cheers :)

More
12 years 3 months ago #413265 by shad297
If you look, the original post was from September last year, not sure if they have been back.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds