hi every one

More
12 years 8 months ago #28467 by starz
hi every one was created by starz
hi there i have moved to reefton frm aucks and my baby gal got given to chickens (hens) but i wood like to get 4 more but i cant aford to buy them 4 her so dose any one no were i got ring to get some free ones i hoping to get them 4 her wen i go to chch on friday or sat while in there plz any 1 that has got and wants to get rid of some plz let me no or no were to gte them thank u my num is (03) 7327012 my name is jenna thank u and hope u all have a gd day :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #389134 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic hi every one
Hi jenna, welcome to the site. Sometimes you can find people on TradeMe who are giving away chooks, they might be old and not very good layers though, plus sometimes you can get Shavers who are being 'retired' from a commercial egg farm at 18 months and they often have a good few eggs left in them and are usually very cheap. It's probably a bit late in the year though, as they usually get rid of the 'old' hens at the beginning of winter when they start their first moult. Does your daughter just want them for pets?

Good luck with your search.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
12 years 8 months ago #389168 by igor
Replied by igor on topic hi every one
Welcome to the site Jenna. Please type your posts in English for those of us who are older and went to school in a time when spelling and grammar were taught. Have you considered getting a rooster to run with your hens and just let them breed up as they will?

More
12 years 8 months ago #389175 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic hi every one

igor;383192 wrote: Welcome to the site Jenna. Please type your posts in English for those of us who are older and went to school in a time when spelling and grammar were taught. Have you considered getting a rooster to run with your hens and just let them breed up as they will?

:) Hear, hear! It's an interesting experience trying to read txt when you're not used to it. I find I can't remember the context of a sentence because I've missed the whole meaning in my struggle to translate each separate word - something I recall from early days of learning another language. While that may sound extreme, since txt is based in English phonetics, I find my brain having to translate to written English to comprehend. I suspect that is not how everyone's understanding works.

Good luck with your hen hunt, Jenna.

More
12 years 8 months ago #389277 by sod
Replied by sod on topic hi every one
Reading txt is easy and I'm old also majored in English, just give in and try, I use it to send and get quick messages all the time. I also are the worlds worst speller but wife is great at it

Hi welcome Starz hope someone can help we are too far away and don't have chickens hope to hear how you get on.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 8 months ago #389279 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic hi every one
Yeah, right. No, don't want to, won't. :mad:

More
12 years 8 months ago #389344 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic hi every one
I'm old but didn't major in English. Maybe that's the problem[}:)] I too can read and send abbreviated English in txts - r u cming 2 dnr 2nite is a short question and easily deciphered for the purpose of the message, plowing through a whole thread of that means that I don't bother. Imagine trying to read a book written like that. Nor can I deal with the lack of grammer, punctuation, sentences, paragraphs and capitals. Majoring in English would be a complete waste of time:rolleyes:.

So welcome Starz but like Igor and Ruth, I too suggest you write in English as most of us here do.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
12 years 8 months ago #389403 by Farmer53
Replied by Farmer53 on topic hi every one
good luck with yr hens. others please what does speling have to do with poster #1 wnating some hens 4 her kids. hope you can find some thy are a lot of fun. do you have any farm suply shops there if so you could prob put a notice up in there shop.

More
12 years 8 months ago #389427 by Leslie_NZ
Replied by Leslie_NZ on topic hi every one
*chuckles* I'm of the TXT generation, and I refuse to write/ txt that way as well, I love the iphone that corrects any funky spelling and lets me tyoe out whole words not just part words. My mother however has embraced the TXT lingo to the point where I struggle to understand what she's on about it her messages.
I just don't understand why people are opting for poor spelling, grammar, punctuation these days, especially those that originally were able to do so in the first place, however I do realise that not all of us are from english as a first language background, but they are quite tell tale in their writing and speaking. Not sure where I am going with this post now...

Anyway, Hi starz and welcome! sorry I cant help you with your free chicken quest for your girl. could try raising some young chicks, generally they aren't too expensive, although you would have to buy starter crumble etc and wait a while before they lay, but it could be fun for your girl to raise them as her own, especially since she is in a new area and possibly wont have made many of friends yet, and will be great pets due to being hand raised.

More
12 years 8 months ago #389440 by sod
Leslie :D :D Know what you mean my big thing was once or twice catching our grown up children out with TXTing just for fun but the worst one stepped back a bit and now does more words

More
12 years 8 months ago #389477 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic hi every one
Hi starz and welcome, txt or old fashion communication is fine with me just so long as you come back and share with us. I can't spell, my grammer stinks but my intentions are always good and I'd rather be judged on that. cheers

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 8 months ago #389695 by sod
tkp ME TOO AND MY CAT HELPS MY BAD TYFGDRJNG :d :d

More
12 years 8 months ago #390132 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic hi every one
Anyone considered that starz may have English as a second language?

More
12 years 8 months ago #390213 by igor
Replied by igor on topic hi every one
No, DiDi, that did not occur to me as her grammar seemed too good once I got past the textspeak spelling.

More
12 years 8 months ago #390240 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic hi every one

DiDi;384240 wrote: Anyone considered that starz may have English as a second language?

With 'Text Speak Illiterate' being her first language? :rolleyes:

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds