Carding and spinning student

More
10 years 9 months ago #28438 by Dee B
A long-time lover of knitting and crocheting, I have recently bought a spinning wheel with the firm intention of learning to make my own yarn. I am keen to receive any advice and tips from experienced crafters and eventually make contact with people who wish to sell fleeces (maybe?)

We live in Hawkes Bay, on a nice little section, not exactly a lifestyle block but enough to have fun growing our own stuff. We share the space with our very happy (and very spoiled) hens and a very large cat (a great mouser who, thankfully is absolutely not interested in birds).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #388716 by tonic
Replied by tonic on topic Carding and spinning student
hi there,

welcome! what type of wheel havre you got? my husband makes spinning wheels for a living so if you have any queries about the wheel or spinning i can check with him...

More
10 years 9 months ago #388884 by Dee B
Replied by Dee B on topic Carding and spinning student
Wow, thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind. It looks very much like the Ashford Traditional, single drive. I can't see any branding anywhere on it, so it could be a homemade version. There are some beautiful groves on the hooks and the flyers, showing that it's been well-used for spinning. The bobbins that came with it even have a little bit of home-spum yarn on them, rough stuff, but I wish I could spin that well already :)

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds