Hi everyone!

More
10 years 10 months ago #28416 by Anniehugs
Hi everyone! was created by Anniehugs
We are sooo excited... new in from the UK (yep some more Brits, we get everywhere, but there's only two of us) - arrived at the end of January and at last we are in a position to buy a lifestyle property. We have found one that we love and once we have sorted out the problems - oh you know, the usual - possible contaminated bore water, land title not quite recorded accurately... we can't wait to join you all in discussing ace stuff like rogue chickens and skittish sheep. Can't believe we are in the best country in the world and about to embark on a lifestyle we could only dream of in the UK. :D Wish us luck in our purchase and I hope you will all become friends (knowledgeable, expert ones too I think from reading the posts). Yay!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388485 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hi everyone!
Hi ya Anniehugs :) and welcome to the LSB cyber family :)
:) you guys sound like you got things sorted :) well ok almost :) :)
Hey hope you enjoy your time here :) and always ask anything you want to know .. :) someone will know the answer :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 10 months ago #388488 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Hi everyone!
Hi Anniehugs from another pom (been here ages though). Whereabouts are you in the land of the long white cloud?
Lots of great characters on this site too who will only be too happy to point newcomers in the right direction with their wealth of experience.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388529 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Hi everyone!
My ex neighbours, an American married to a Brit, stayed on a little lsb next to me for 4 or 5 years, but she started breaking her neck to get back to the States so they sold up and went to Florida. Rented a box (stalag) for a year, decided it was too dear to buy there and no jobs, so finally moved to Sth Carolina and have bought a smallish farm.
At their farewell their Sth African Dr said to me "they'll be back....this is the best country in the world" I was doubtful as her daughter had had a baby a first grandchild.
18 months later they are very unhappy, he has been offered a contract with his old company and it seems they are returning. :) And they can have their bloody ewes back....:rolleyes: :)

More
10 years 10 months ago #388535 by Paccie lover
Replied by Paccie lover on topic Hi everyone!
Wish you the very best in our yes wonderful country So we have lots of alpacas ,they are wonderful few sheep hens birds,so you well just love looking for animals for your block. Good luck.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388545 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Hi everyone!
Hi Anniehugs, welcome to the site. It's a great place for sharing LSB questions, success stories and sympathetic cyberhugs. If anyone ever sounds terse, as someone wisely says on here, "go back and read it in your happy voice". [;)] :D

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388601 by bevhawkins
Replied by bevhawkins on topic Hi everyone!
Hi here from some more Poms. we have been here 8 years now and would not even think of going back to the UK. Its great herre and as you said we could only dream of owning this much land in the UK. Where are you based?

More
10 years 10 months ago #388665 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Hi everyone!
In NZ, fences seldom go along boundaries, so many land titles in the country are confused. When NZ was surveyed by the British/English in the 1800's, the people back in England thought that NZ was flat .... just like most Kiwis hat haven't been there think that UK is flat. So the surveying was done in straight lines. So there are surveyed roads that have never been built ( "paper roads") going down cliffs, and property boundaries likewise. Because it is exceedingly difficult to fence down a cliff, many fences were put in the best place rather than the right place. Another interesting problem is that thereused to be the Public Works Act of Parliament that allowed Councils to put in service like roads and power lines over privately owned land. I used to own the land underneath 2 public roads (I've managed to sell the land to the Council of one of the roads) but had absolutely no right to charge the Council or the users a toll, or get a rates rebate ..... :-(
So ..... don't get too upset about your land in the neighbours place and vice versa.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds