Nearly in Cambridge

More
10 years 10 months ago #28295 by glife
Nearly in Cambridge was created by glife
Hi, we have moved to just out of Cambridge recently, it has been a whirlwind four months - we got two calves before we had furniture, which kept the 12yr old girl entertained for a bit. Last count ....
2 Bullcalves
2 week old calves
4 kunekunes
3 chickens
2 goats
4 dogs!
:D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #387178 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Nearly in Cambridge
Hi and welcome.
Do you know how to castrate the bulls? How old are they?

More
10 years 10 months ago #387220 by glife
Replied by glife on topic Nearly in Cambridge

Ruth;380999 wrote: Hi and welcome.
Do you know how to castrate the bulls? How old are they?

Hi Ruth, we are "rehoming" the boys so we didn't ring them in case their new owners wanted them entire. The boys were designed to distract our daughter while we were moving, and for jersey bulls they have done exceptionally well.
They were born 27th of April, and they are just lovely.
She has now moved on and has two galloway babies to bottle feed! plus lamb, the pigs etc etc

More
10 years 10 months ago #387224 by Ruth
Are they recorded?

Entire pretty Jersey bull calves are a pet subject of mine. So many are kept entire, just in case. Most should never be used for breeding, so ought to have had rubber applied early.

More
10 years 10 months ago #387227 by glife
They weren't recorded, we really were just looking for a distraction for the girl at the time.

More
10 years 10 months ago #387230 by Ruth
I simply meant that if they're unrecorded, I wondered why anyone would want them for breeding? I quite understand their attraction as calves; it's later on which worries me.

More
10 years 10 months ago #387234 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Nearly in Cambridge

Ruth;381053 wrote: I simply meant that if they're unrecorded, I wondered why anyone would want them for breeding? I quite understand their attraction as calves; it's later on which worries me.

eemmm.. how can something soo cute as a calf turn into something so lethal as a adult.. and weird that the cows are so docile.. the Jersey Bull is polar extreme opposite..dangerous with capital D

More
10 years 10 months ago #387240 by glife

stephclark;381057 wrote: eemmm.. how can something soo cute as a calf turn into something so lethal as a adult.. and weird that the cows are so docile.. the Jersey Bull is polar extreme opposite..dangerous with capital D

Good southern girl, we have always preferred un-steered veal, but it also isn't hard to nut them if that isn't what they are for.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds