Hi from a new member in snowy Stratford

More
10 years 10 months ago #28276 by blakegirls
Hi there - have seen this site before and decided to join. My girls and I are on 3 acres. We have 2 horses, a 19yr old PB Arab Mare and a 22yr old Gisborne Bred Mare. Five sheep, a baby Nubian Buck Goat, Bantams and a domestic mangerie of a Fat Labrador, Shit Zhu and cats.

Frozen pipes this morning have just started to thaw and the water is a bit brown - hoping thats nothing major!

Anyway, Hi from us.

Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #387047 by Organix
Welcome aboard to another 'Nakian :D Beautiful day up here in North Taranaki, after a -1 frost that put 4mm of ice on the ducks' water containers, though Mt. Egmont's looking grand from all directions today :D

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 10 months ago #387051 by sod
;):eek:Welcome from snowy Masterton

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
10 years 10 months ago #387095 by blakegirls
Thanks for the welcome - been a bit of an interesting day just discovered pipe has burst under house. So not showers for us tonight. Plumber coming in morning. Not good news that more snow is on its way. Looks beautiful but over it!

More
10 years 10 months ago #387105 by Andrea1
Welcome blakegirls! Sorry to hear about your burst pipe!!! I know this weather is quite extreme, but one of the things we learned when living in upstate New York, which has some very long and deep winters, during which the temps don't go above freezing for sometimes weeks on end: leave cupboards where sinks are open at night so it doesn't get so cold where the pipes are, and if it's going to be really cold and you aren't sure if your pipes are lagged, leave the taps on just a slow drip to keep the water moving and keep the pipes from freezing. We were there for 4 winters, the first of which had temps below freezing, day and night, for about 5 weeks. We followed the advice, and never had a burst pipe.

More
10 years 10 months ago #387386 by Stu_R
:) welcome Blakegirls .. :) hope you enjoy the LSB cyber family :)
Yep am well over the snow here to :(
Pipes were frozen on a couple of the drinking fountains out at the country school i work for on Tuesday morning :(

:) hope things thawed out a bit and better now :) .. and one night with out a shower wont hurt :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 10 months ago #387400 by blakegirls
Hi Stu - thanks for your message. Yes, was a cold few days - thank god the snow has been washed away with the rain now but still freezing outside. Mud, mud and more mud in the paddock our bigger mare is in up by the shed's. Gotta love losing your gumboots in it!! Fantastic for the skin - so I've heard lol. I teach at one of the high schools here and we had a no school day Monday. Kids would have loved that!

Little chicken still laying despite the cold. Others too young yet but have the smarts enough to stay tucked up together in their box! Best place to be!

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds