hello just joined today

More
10 years 11 months ago #28048 by welion
we have just purchased house and land in cust am so looking forward to moving in.So much to set up and hope to get a few animals to graze.
Looking for farm buildings to put on the block more expensive than I imagined.Show and breed chow chow dogs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #384441 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic hello just joined today
I have never lived in Wellington but I can tell you from living in the upper part of the North Island that you do not want to live with South Easterly/Westerly cold. The perfect property in NZ is North facing, sheltered from the South and your costs for heating you house, sheltering your animals etc is increased hugely.

I can say this as I spoke with a Real Estate Agent recently in respect to a friends' property and she was short and sweet with regards to the price as it was built on the wrong side of the road i.e. facing South.

Bear in mind, that it will cost you more to buy the North facing sheltered property (as others have worked that out as well) but what point is there in going to the same cost of building a house that is not capturing the sun against building the identical house in a warm sheltered spot? BUT - money speaks at the end of the day and you can find that lovely piece of land that is in a valley - whatever - but my input to being aware of resale value and harmony is nasty horrible weather. In an ideal world! :D

More
10 years 10 months ago #385778 by Springfever
Replied by Springfever on topic hello just joined today
Welcome. Ive just joined today. Was interested that you bought in Cust. We lived there for many years but only had 1/2 acre, but had a few goats and chooks. I also breed Toy Poodles and until recently showed them too. Also showed the poultry. it was so exciting to buy 10 acres at last, but had to do the big move to get it.
Anyway, good luck with the farm bulidings. We went looking at places that had likely had unused sheds for our poultry and main goat house and got them and did a deal and bought them at reasonable prices. New bulidings are expensive. We still need more. Hope that helps. S.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds