Wellington Homekill

More
10 years 11 months ago #27982 by [email protected]
Hi Everyone
Does anyone know who does a homekill for sheep, pigs etc for the Wellington area;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #384187 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Wellington Homekill
Hi there - we use one person for the homekill and another for the butchering.

Roger (021 119 4976) comes down to Wellington regularly and does an amazingly clean, quick and professional job of dispatching the animals. Very reasonable rate (recently increased from $15 to $20 per sheep, including travel and transporting to the butcher).

Prestons Rural Meat Packers (Haddon) is my choice for butchering (027 291 1790). He's based in Levin and you would need to collect the meat from him, but he works with Roger so the whole operation from kill to collect is seamless. Cuts to whatever you wish and makes T H E most divine salami.

Been dealing with both these chaps for a number of years now and I'm very happy to recommend them. There's another homekill butcher in Stokes Valley that Roger deals with and others might wish to comment on their experiences with him.

Give Roger a call to see when he's next down here. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the service you get from either Roger or Haddon. :)

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds