Brand New Member

More
10 years 11 months ago #27878 by fpascoe
Brand New Member was created by fpascoe
Hello, I just registered with LifestyleBlock. We are horsey people that are FINALLY about to realise the dream of owning our own land for our lovely four legged friends. We are looking to purchase 10 acres in Karaka. Very excited. The property has a floodlit Olympic dressage arena, a lunging arena, two giant stables with tack and feed room and a huge very clean wash down area. Fingers crossed that it all goes through. It'll be bread and water for a few years, but one has to make these sacrifices. I'm sure it'll be worth it. As long as the ponies have everything they want and need, who cares about their owners, right?

Anyway, I've already posted a question on here and I look forward to interacting with other members.

Happy trails :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #382724 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Brand New Member
Welcome to the forum fpascoe! There's quite a few horsey people here. :D

Wow! Your new place sounds AMAZING!! [:0][^][^] I have everything crossed for you! :D

More
10 years 11 months ago #382729 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Brand New Member
It helps when the WE both love horses..... :) I've struggled all my life with a hill country farm with buggar all facilities except a barn, two boggy (at the moment) pens and very large paddocks. Flat work was done on the metal country road. Your property sounds a dream place. Hope it all goes thru'.

More
10 years 11 months ago #382735 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Brand New Member
insanely envious..sounds brilliant, you wont know yourself...

i was happy with just a flat paddock to ride in when i first moved my naggies onto our block..
ahh well 25 years on.. i have the arena, barn,stables, no inclination and ponies winning the paddock stakes.. :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #382799 by witheze

stephclark;376083 wrote: insanely envious..sounds brilliant, you wont know yourself...

i was happy with just a flat paddock to ride in when i first moved my naggies onto our block..
ahh well 25 years on.. i have the arena, barn,stables, no inclination and ponies winning the paddock stakes.. :)

25 years on I am still feeding the same ponies.....I have 3 aged 29 and 30!:rolleyes: Hard feeding ...:rolleyes: :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #382868 by GloPony

witheze;376153 wrote: 25 years on I am still feeding the same ponies.....I have 3 aged 29 and 30!:rolleyes: Hard feeding ...:rolleyes: :)

Ditto to that!

I don't have an arena or stables (yet) but I do have a flash new roundpen. Hehehe. :D

More
10 years 11 months ago #382871 by Flaggon Creek
Replied by Flaggon Creek on topic Brand New Member

fpascoe;376032 wrote: Hello, I just registered with LifestyleBlock. We are horsey people that are FINALLY about to realise the dream of owning our own land for our lovely four legged friends. We are looking to purchase 10 acres in Karaka. Very excited. The property has a floodlit Olympic dressage arena, a lunging arena, two giant stables with tack and feed room and a huge very clean wash down area. Fingers crossed that it all goes through. It'll be bread and water for a few years, but one has to make these sacrifices. I'm sure it'll be worth it. As long as the ponies have everything they want and need, who cares about their owners, right?

Anyway, I've already posted a question on here and I look forward to interacting with other members.

Happy trails :D

WOW you are so lucky! As others have said, your place sounds amazing! I am a fairly new to the forums as well. Like you I have finally got my own little bit of dirt and are so happy. A wee bit smaller than what you have (5 acres) but plenty big enough for my two ponies (4 yr old Quarter Horse and a bush pony :) ), 5 chickens, one lamb, two dogs, 4 cats, 2 goldfish and of course 3 humans. My next project is to put up my round yard (already have the posts and rails) but have to wait until the house is renovated :( .

1 Quarter Horse, 1 Bush pony [:)]
1 Boxer Dog, 1 Griffon Dog, 4 Cats, Chickens, 4 Ewes, 2 Goldfish, 2 Guinea Pigs and 3 humans live here! The best place in the world [:D]

More
10 years 11 months ago #382979 by witheze
I'd love a round yard......so I could send my horses round and round and round and round..... a la Monty Roberts! I have the whip, just need the round yard. :D

seriously... I watch Monty on C.C. and really get what he says about lungeing. Last episode he showed the horse hanging to the outside of the circle and the damage being done to the spine whilst curving the wrong way. My lunge whip is now used for other purposes.... Pup toy! He luv luv luvs it......[}:)] (Where is Sundays Best????)

More
10 years 11 months ago #383322 by GloPony
Mmmm... I watch Monty too but I'm not completely sold on some of his theories. That one on lungeing for instance; If you watch horses travelling naturally around the paddock, they curve the wrong way on circles all the time. Indeed, all the horses he round pens do the same thing until they start listening to him & putting an ear on him.

I'm not a huge fan of lungeing unless it's for a specific purpose but the same can be said for round penning too. It doesn't matter if you let the horse go around bent the wrong way or 'tie' it into the correct bend with side reins, if you do it for hours on end (as they sometimes do overseas where the horses are stabled 24/7), you're going to make the horse sore. :rolleyes:

My round pen certainly isn't for sending horses around on mindless circles or for chasing them. :p I handle a lot of completely wild Kaimanawas & start other youngsters too so it's just a nice, safe place with a good surface to work in rather than the previous alternative of knee deep mud. [;)] :D

Sundays Best is certainly still alive & kicking, was just chatting with her this morning. [^]

More
10 years 11 months ago #383370 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Brand New Member

witheze;376153 wrote: 25 years on I am still feeding the same ponies.....I have 3 aged 29 and 30!:rolleyes: Hard feeding ...:rolleyes: :)

I hear you too witheze ...also have Grand daughters of said 32 year old Old Girl here too ...hehehe gotta LOVE them[^]
Welcome fpascoe ...tho" I too am rather envious of your facilities[:I] ...hope it all goes through smoothly for you and your horses ...there are many horse addicts on here that share your passion[^][;)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
10 years 11 months ago #383392 by alana34
Replied by alana34 on topic Brand New Member
Welcome Fpascoe ! i am new as well :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #383457 by bevhawkins
Replied by bevhawkins on topic Brand New Member
Just had my round pen delivered today, I ordered it at the Field Days and its only just arrived. Its galvanised and really good, have already put it up in the paddock, cannot wait for the spring when the paddock dries up and I can start using it. I am a great fan of Monty Roberts and have already got my two youngsters doing join up, its great having them come to you in the paddock rather than chasing them round to catch them :D

More
10 years 11 months ago #383541 by GloPony
Congrats on the round pen bevhawkins! Those portable ones are excellent value! :D

If you're a fan of Monty, check out some of the other folks like Ray Hunt, Tom Roberts, Mark Rashid, Buck Brannaman, etc too.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds