Just starting out....

More
11 years 4 days ago #27756 by livvylou
We've just purchased 20 acres in the Tai Tapu area (ChCh). We are all excited but a tiny bit nervous as we have never embarked on this kind of journey before. Unfortunately because of current "events" (not going to mention the "E" word!) we can't yet proceed with our plans to build... BUT the barn is going up and the sceptic tank down and the children are dreaming about and listing all the "pets" that we are going to have!

This looks like an amazingly informative forum...I've been lurking in the background for sometime now - I think it's about time I joined in

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 days ago #381360 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Just starting out....
welcome to the group.. what an exciting time for you, you are going to luv it ( well most of the time [;)] ).. there is so much fun to be had, and as long as you can laff at yourselves and the mistakes you will make.. it can be an hilarious learning curve..

More
11 years 4 days ago #381409 by livvylou
Replied by livvylou on topic Just starting out....
Thanks for that Steph... I will most definitely take those comments on board :D

More
11 years 3 days ago #381431 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Just starting out....
hi and welcome to the LSB cyber family :)
Am sure you will love your place in the country and your children will really addore it :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 1 day ago #381712 by Rothwell
Replied by Rothwell on topic Just starting out....
Hi and welcome. Don't tell anyone because they don't know yet, but I too am a bit of a sceptic. I think that the whole problem is because of the CIA.
And as for being septic, yes, I have one of those tanks too. I understand that the double system works better than a single tank :-).
Remember that the only silly question is the one you don't ask about, and you have to pay for advice, so we only give suggestions.

More
11 years 22 hours ago #381745 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Just starting out....
Hi livvylou. Welcome to the site. You will find lots of interesting stuff here but be aware that the membership list is like a bar of chocolate, it may contain the occaisional nut.

More
11 years 17 hours ago #381795 by livvylou
Replied by livvylou on topic Just starting out....
Thanks Igor.... I have a soft spot for chocolate but not so much the nuts :rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds