Hooray

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #27560 by Flip
Hooray was created by Flip
I'm officially a 'homeowner' well I will be in July! I've just bought 10ac in Upper Hutt for my fatty fat mare , stroppy cat and numerous aquatic critters. With dogs, another horse or two, and maybe chickens on the wish list. Also potentially calves, and some sheepies or beefies for the freezer, the list keeps growing!
I'm pretty confident with the looking after horses side of things, but being in charge of a whole property, and all that responsibility is very new and a little bit scary:
xkcd.com/616/
Lucky I have a contractor and 'real' farmer in the family!

Anyways I also might be looking for a flatmate/mates to pay off that pesky mortgage, and thought here might be a handy place to find a like-minded people. More details to come closer to moving day. Main criteria: you MUST love animals. There's 'potential' for horse grazing but at this stage I've got no idea what I'll get in the way of grass growth over winter so I'm inclined to sit on it and see rather than overstocking straight away.
Whoops this got rather long. I was meaning to just say HI!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #378754 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hooray
:) hi ya Flip :) and welcome to the LSB cyber family :)
Your place sounds great and sounds like you got it sorted as to your wish list :)
Heaps of people on here that have lots of good herlpful answers to any questions you have
Congrats on your new place :) and welcome

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #378760 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Hooray
Welcome to another xkcd fan :D

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds