First steps on an organic farm

More
11 years 1 month ago #27186 by Ruralwriter
Hi everyone,
My name is Michelle and I am a dairy farmer's wife. Until 3 years ago we lived in South Africa but after we had our son it made more sense to move back to my husband's country of birth, New Zealand. We don't own our own land yet but that's the dream we are working towards. In the meantime, we are learning to grow vegetables, planting fruit trees and enjoying using the produce from the farm where we live. I'm getting inventive with apples, feijoas and quinces at the moment. We are considering getting chickens and experimenting with cheesemaking and growing our own mushrooms. It's all part of the fun of the rural lifestyle.
I also work as a freelance writer, editor and proofreader and at the moment I am working on stories about the rural lifestyle.
Rolling green hills as far as the eye can see are such a contrast to the land where I grew up, but it's all part of the adventure and I love that my two little boys can grow up on a farm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #375157 by igor
Replied by igor on topic First steps on an organic farm
Welcome to New Zealand. We seem to be getting a more and more South Africans here all the time. People sometimes refer to the two white tribes. Our vicar is from the English speaking tribe. Others around here, including some of our close neighbours, are from the Afrikaans speaking tribe. What part are you from?

More
11 years 1 month ago #375357 by Aria
Replied by Aria on topic First steps on an organic farm
Welcome - what a great job - being a Ruralwriter! Welcome to NZ - sounds like you're going to like it here! That's fantastic.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds