Life here in Coatesville

More
11 years 2 months ago #26970 by trishb
Hi I'm Trish I'm new on here. We share a lifestyle block here with another family, and have chickens, guinea fowl and turkeys! So we're a bit overrun with birdlife here......... Anyone else with all these on the site?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #373090 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Life here in Coatesville
Welcome Trishb, you are not too far from me, we have chickens, no turkeys - except the ones that live close, and as for guinea fowl.... I have been known to do a good impression [}:)]

I bet I am more overrun with bird life that you are [;)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 2 months ago #373107 by trishb
Replied by trishb on topic Life here in Coatesville
Hi there. Still figuring out how to work the threads/forums whatever. Forgot - we have white fantail doves too. We keep RD1 and Falloons going........

Also - do people here prefer to be anonymous and not give away their personal details or do some wish to find friends in their areas - unsure of the reasons people join....

Do you have goats by the way - we had 3 but had to sell them as they killed several trees and were extremely difficult to keep at home!

More
11 years 2 months ago #373110 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Life here in Coatesville
hello trishb.. welcome...

we are just on the other side of the forest from you..fab area..

you do sound over run with birds :) .. we have the chooks, horses,dog, too many cats and freezer pack beasties and all the freeloading wild life.. ( ducks,pluvers,pukes and possems )

More
11 years 2 months ago #373119 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Life here in Coatesville

trishb;365386 wrote: Hi there. Still figuring out how to work the threads/forums whatever. Forgot - we have white fantail doves too. We keep RD1 and Falloons going........

Also - do people here prefer to be anonymous and not give away their personal details or do some wish to find friends in their areas - unsure of the reasons people join....

Do you have goats by the way - we had 3 but had to sell them as they killed several trees and were extremely difficult to keep at home!

Welcome to the site - you will find lots of information, fun and food for thought.

Some of us have met each other - sometimes locals get together for a cup of coffee or whatever, and then go from there. Some of us use signatures that give the game away as to who we are :) .

We have three goats and love them to bits. Except for the first day or so before we tidied up the bottom of the fence, we haven't had trouble with escape artists. The day I decided that I wanted the buck in a separate paddock to do some tidying work, the two girls did get out, but only to go and see him (little tarts).

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
11 years 2 months ago #373129 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Life here in Coatesville
I've got a heap of those horrible squeeky little black birds that sound like a reversing truck. I must go out and remove a few more trees ....

More
11 years 2 months ago #373132 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Life here in Coatesville
Hi trishb. Welcome to the site.
Our dairy goats don't push the fences much. We have more trouble with pokey lambs.

More
11 years 2 months ago #373154 by trishb
Hi LongRidge are you talking guineas or actual blackbirds? Yes the guineas can be VERY noisy and the females are the worst! BUT they don't dig up your plants and poo everywhere like the chickens!
Eelcat - phew what a lot of creatures........

More
11 years 2 months ago #373196 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Life here in Coatesville
Trish, yes we do have goats [:I] angora and one hand raised Anglo Nubian buck.
We also have sheep and cattle.
You are welcome to visit, we are not far from Falloons.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 2 months ago #373207 by Rustie
Replied by Rustie on topic Life here in Coatesville
Welcome Trish! I too live pretty close to you and have chickens as well.

Some people join to share ideas, ask questions and some meet up, it all depends on the individual really. I guess it's the same for you? Have you joined to chat with like minded people too? :)

A good friend will bale you out of jail.
A real friend will be sat in there with you!

More
11 years 2 months ago #373236 by LongRidge
Trish, no, the little black birds that are such a nuisance here are called Tooheys, or something like that. We have also recently adopted a Fantail, or at least he has adopted us, that loves to play chicken with the cats inside the house ..... Are Fantails inside the house good luck or bad luck?

More
11 years 2 months ago #373237 by trishb
Spoook we had 2 feral goats (with horns) and 1 mixed Saanen and something-else buck with VERY big horns! I loved the 2 girl ferals - they were a lot of fun and cuddly. The buck however got quite bossy and hard to handle AND he didn't mate with the girls as we wanted - he fancied the neighbours sheep more! Anyway I didn't want to sell them but the stress levels in me were too high wondering where they were all the time and they were eating the neighbours trees as well. I miss them though...........

More
11 years 2 months ago #373362 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Life here in Coatesville
Did any of the neighbour's ewes have funny looking lambs trishb?

More
11 years 2 months ago #373376 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Life here in Coatesville

LongRidge;365525 wrote: Trish, no, the little black birds that are such a nuisance here are called Tooheys, or something like that. We have also recently adopted a Fantail, or at least he has adopted us, that loves to play chicken with the cats inside the house ..... Are Fantails inside the house good luck or bad luck?

:D :D [:0][:0][;)].. at it again LR ?[;)].. tooheys indeed..[^]

re fantails in the house .. i heard it means there will be a death ..in my house ( 7 cats ) i can pretty much assume it will be the fantails :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #373662 by LongRidge
What is it with cats and Clarks? The Manager is a Clark, even though she has been a LongRidge for almost 20-something years. I got about 6 cats when she arrived, and we've ( actually "she's") had about 6 or 8 since. I've got a real problem remembering which bush which cat is planted under ... :-(.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds