Peaceful living

More
11 years 2 months ago #26946 by Feliscatus
Peaceful living was created by Feliscatus
I was searching for an evil tool to eradicate the couch & paspalum grass and came across this website. An unnamed person penned that "cares melt when you kneel in your garden" and I would make add that cares also melt when you live rurally, our dogs and cats would agree. Watching the dogs have the run of a couple of acres, and the cats emerge from sleep in the long grass [its actually clumps of tough tall grass with wheat like heads on it, and a right challenge to get rid of, dont know what its called but its going to be history]. Coming home to the countryside is welcome respite from the town job. And gumboots are my favourite footwear. Not having neighbours encroaching on our lifestyle [and of course us encroaching on theirs] is absolute bliss. [;)]

"A garden is always a series of losses set against a few triumphs, like life itself." - May Sarton,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #372888 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Peaceful living
hear hear.. 100% agree..best part of my day is coming home from city, after sitting in traffic on m.way for an hour.. to be met by happy chickens sprinting to the car to see what i have for them to eat..( i take home left over lunches from work :) )

the only thing better would be to be one of my cats!.. talk about a life of luxury..would never want to take them back to the city

More
11 years 2 months ago #372903 by MooandPop
Replied by MooandPop on topic Peaceful living
yeah... its grand. I've never been happier! Where abouts in north waikato? We are in Te Kohunga.

More
11 years 2 months ago #373084 by TKFARMER
Replied by TKFARMER on topic Peaceful living
I am in north Waikato as well and yes it is bliss getting home from Auckland. TKF

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
11 years 2 months ago #373887 by trishb
Replied by trishb on topic Peaceful living
Same for me - I come home from work out west and my chickens and turkeys rush up and the fantail doves swoop over my head back and forth - till I get the message............... BUT its nearly dark when I get home now - hardly any time to see them! Will get harder as winter goes on. Thank goodness I only work 4 days now - three days to just cruise around home............

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds