Hello everybody :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #370555 by blimeyvicki
Replied by blimeyvicki on topic Hello everybody :)
I wish I could train my dog to, well, not eat my chooks!! Would make my life a whole lot more peaceful. The cows chase her and the sheep run away from her. Don't know why she only wants to play......! Needless to say she is not allowed outside her fenced off area unless she is on a lead.
Luckily though my 9 yo daughter has just trained her to roll over so that should be a very useful skill. [;)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #370559 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Hello everybody :)
I grew up on a dairy farm. We had dogs as did all our dairy farmer neighbours. It was the norm. Next door neighbour up there now has a "no dogs" policy. Won't let any of his staff use dogs on the cows. My parents and brother think he's a bit strange. I agree with them.
It's all very well to drive around the herd to muster them if the land is near enough to flat and there are few or no trees, but if it's like our home place with lots of hills, scrubby gullies, and patches of bush then a good dog makes the job so much easier.

More
11 years 4 months ago #370601 by Motherduck
Replied by Motherduck on topic Hello everybody :)
Or not full of motorbike swallowing ditches lmao had to get the tractor out a few times to pull the guys out of places the bikes really shouldn't go lmao

Everyday you wake up is a great day [:)]

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds