I can finally call myself a lifestyler!

More
11 years 4 months ago #26372 by greenfingers
After lurking for some time and occasionally posting on this site, we have finally bought a 9.5 acre block of paradise! The land has been pretty neglected, although the house is in pretty good nick. So we have lots of wobbly/falling down fences to mend and a ton of blackberry, inkweed and ragwort to eradicate before we can get any stock.

I am so thankful for all the advise that I have read here in the past, and am looking forward to being able to participate more actively on this site!

9.5 acres with 300-odd pines and lots of wobbly fences [:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #366702 by kimberj06
Well done Greenfingers - I am so very jealous!! Good luck on your new place and have fun with it - I am sure it will be a life changing event!

Hoping to get out of the city while I am still young enough to make the land productive.

More
11 years 4 months ago #366708 by igor
Hi GF. Welcome to the site. Your place sounds a bit like ours was. Of course the rundown state of the property was reflected in the price we paid for it or else we wouldn't have been able to afford to buy it.

More
11 years 4 months ago #366731 by Blueberry
HI Greenfingers! congrats to your piece of dirt. Have fun - and make lots of blackberry jam before you jank the brambles out [:I]

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
11 years 4 months ago #366742 by minnow
Hi Greenfingers,

As another new block owner I know only too well the process of finding your piece of paradise under the rubble/noxious weeds!! Nothing is quite as satisfying as watching it take shape, remember to take heaps of photos as you soon forget what it looked like before and they are great to look back on to remind yourself of how far you've come :)

Little fish, big pond [^]

More
11 years 4 months ago #366760 by greenfingers

igor;357996 wrote: Hi GF. Welcome to the site. Your place sounds a bit like ours was. Of course the rundown state of the property was reflected in the price we paid for it or else we wouldn't have been able to afford to buy it.

Absolutely[;)]! As our new place is not too far out of Hamilton, we would never, ever have been able to afford it, had it been in a tidy condition. Thankfully it is (touch wood!) just a case of tidying up, it will just take time.

Oh, and I am definately eyeing up the Blackberries - ate a few delicious ones when we were first looking at it, so I can't wait to start cooking them up!

9.5 acres with 300-odd pines and lots of wobbly fences [:D]

More
11 years 4 months ago #366807 by Shropshire Blue

More
11 years 4 months ago #366829 by Clods
Sounds like our place when we moved in! Good luck and enjoy the experience.

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
11 years 4 months ago #367088 by evenstar croft
sounds great, we are new to this too. Its all learning. Have fun with it

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds