Lifestyler in waiting!

More
11 years 4 months ago #26249 by kimberj06
Hi from Otago! I have been watching and reading the forum and website for some time now and have been very impressed with the awesome positive feel of the members. I call myself a lifestyler in waiting and have been longing to get out of town and onto a piece of land for ages. We are hoping this will be the year that we can start growing more of our own produce, raise a few animals and generally try living a little more in tune with the environment around us. We don't subscribe to any particular credo but I think that to live and work in a manner that enhances and conserves the gifts that this country has to offer can only be a good thing. Currently we have only 700m town section and do grow most of what we need in the way of vegetables but ideally I want to branch out into chooks and fruit trees and maybe a house cow, or even a pig, and so I watch the property market daily, always with that river cottage dream in mind!

Hoping to get out of the city while I am still young enough to make the land productive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #365369 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Lifestyler in waiting!
:) welcome to the site :)
:) i do have a similar dream :) just need to win lotto here lol :)
sounds like you have life pretty well sussed :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #365593 by kimberj06
Replied by kimberj06 on topic Lifestyler in waiting!
Thanks for the welcome Stu! I have a great deal to learn about how to look after a small holding - but I figure the best way to do that is to give it a go and also to try and learn from those who have gone before me. I am sure I will be posting many questions in the future!

Hoping to get out of the city while I am still young enough to make the land productive.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds