New members in Dannevirke

More
11 years 4 months ago #26221 by emce
Hi,

We are a couple who have just (2 whole days) moved to 1.2365Ha in Dannevirke. The eM is for Mike (me) and the Ce is for Chrissy (my wife).

Along for the ride are Digger & Oskar our two multi-pedigree dogs and Possum & Ginga our two cats, the results of a similarly refined breeding program.

We have finally realised our long dream of getting out of the city (Lower Hutt) and out to a far happier, quieter and healthier lifestyle "in the sticks". If our enjoyment is matched by the effort and determination it took to get here then it's going to be "pretty bloody good!!"

We hope to be mostly self-sufficient in food on our patch of dirt and look forward to reaping the benefits of exercise, fresh air and far more naturally produced food that what we find in the average supermarket.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #364828 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic New members in Dannevirke
Welcome, emce, 3 acres (about what you have) is a good size when you are also working! Especially if you spend some time sorting out layout of fencing etc for easy handling. What else are you hoping to run on your block? :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
11 years 4 months ago #364867 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic New members in Dannevirke
Welcome emce ...we are Dannevegas-ite's too[^] ...we have been on this property for nearly 4 years now although had LSB's for a looooong time[:I][:0] ...Dannevirke is a neat place ....I am sure you will love the lifestyle change :D
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
11 years 4 months ago #364952 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic New members in Dannevirke
Welcome to the site. I love the way your land is sized to 4 decimal points lol :-)

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
11 years 4 months ago #365811 by Rata
Replied by Rata on topic New members in Dannevirke
Welcome! Many, many years we used to live in Dannevirke, first in a rented farmhouse in Top Grass Road, then in our first (and only, till now) lifestyle block in Piripiri. Hubby never got it out of his system, so here we are again...

More
11 years 4 months ago #365834 by FencerMan
Replied by FencerMan on topic New members in Dannevirke
"Multi pedigree" - Haha, I love it :P

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

More
11 years 4 months ago #365835 by FencerMan
Replied by FencerMan on topic New members in Dannevirke
And welcome to the site!

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds