Hi from a LSB-wannabee

More
11 years 4 months ago #26167 by slinger
I’m an ex-pat Kiwi, living and working in the tropical climes of South East Asia. I’ve long harbored dreams of heading back to NZ when the time is right (still a few years away I think) and living the good life on my own farm.

I’ve been a city-slicker all my life, so I have effectively zero working knowledge about farming and agriculture or the lifestyle around it. Stumbled upon LSB and it looks like it’s the right place to be to learn a few things from folks who are already living the dream.

Looking forward to it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #364287 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Hi from a LSB-wannabee
Welcome to the site - you'll learn heaps for when the dream becomes reality

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
11 years 4 months ago #364366 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hi from a LSB-wannabee
Welcome to the LSB cyber family Slinger :)
We all learn as we go mate ( specially me ) so you will find this place a mine of info :) and lots of helpful people :)
:) an dont worry , as someone on here once said " the only stupid questions are the ones you didnt ask " so ask away and learn from the experienced people on here :)
Enjoy your stay here eh :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 4 months ago #364636 by the old ram
Replied by the old ram on topic Hi from a LSB-wannabee
G'day and welcome ,which part of SE Asia are you in and what line of work are you in?.................T.O.R.

More
11 years 4 months ago #365062 by slinger
Replied by slinger on topic Hi from a LSB-wannabee
T.O.R. - I'm based in Singapore, working in the finance industry. Been here over 6 years now and it's been good to me. Still, harbouring thoughts of heading back home at some point in the not too distant future and would love to have a block/farm of my own when I do get back.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds