New and Looking for a Book

More
11 years 5 months ago #26050 by Suhgii
Hi All
I am trying to find a copy of that great Lifestyle Book (the one with the Chickens on the cover) to give to my Mum as she got some fantastic Chickens from the Local egg farm and they are currently leading a new life as free range hens. Its so gratifying to see them enjoying new things, like grass and the sun! I know my Mum has been looking everywhere for this book and if anyone knows of where I can get it either in the Wellington or Palmerston North areas I would be really grateful and it would be really nice to surprise her as she always does so much for me that it would be nice to return a favour for once. Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #363044 by FencerMan
Hi Suhgii, welcome to LSB! I have no idea what the book is your after, but im sure someone will! It may also help to ask in the "Your Place" forum as well, as that is the busiest one on this website :)

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

More
11 years 5 months ago #363048 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic New and Looking for a Book
It will be the new book that NZ Lifestyle Block magazine has put out. It was for sale in supermarkets but may have sold out by now.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 5 months ago #363053 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic New and Looking for a Book
Whereabouts are you?
Farmlands, New World Supermarket and Levin and Horowhenua Vets, all in Levin, all had some left when I checked on Tuesday! ;-)

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
11 years 5 months ago #363085 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic New and Looking for a Book
"Author, author" (stands and applauds)

Casting a proprietorial eye, were you Sue? :-)

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
11 years 5 months ago #363088 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic New and Looking for a Book
Yes, our humble Sue is the one [;)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 5 months ago #363091 by Suhgii
Replied by Suhgii on topic New and Looking for a Book
Thanks So much to everyone and esp Sue. I am in Wellington but I can Send my Dad to the places you have suggested, I am sure he works on the principle if Mum is happy then the family is happy. Thank you everyone :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #363099 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic New and Looking for a Book
Hope you manage to find a copy Suhgii-I know that all 8000 have been distributed so there are just a few left here and there-and as I have been keeping the local outlets stocked-yes I was keeping a check kaybe!
I know the local poultry club were hoping to sell some at the Levin AP&I show next weekend-but have very few left as well!
I get daily requests for copies and hopefully there will be a reprint!.
whisper.... check on TM too!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
11 years 5 months ago #363214 by BHGS
Replied by BHGS on topic New and Looking for a Book
Hi - if you haven't got one yet - :D there were still a few copies in the johnsonville mall countdown supermarket yesterday.

Cheers
Hilary,
Just me, partner and son, suburban backyard chooks (3), cats (2) veggies (variable) and weeds (eternally thriving)[:p]

More
11 years 5 months ago #363337 by Suhgii
Replied by Suhgii on topic New and Looking for a Book
Thanks to everyone who responded and we are now the proud owners of the book in question and Grandma is very happy and Dad and I got a few brownie points up our sleeves. So once again thanks and I can now show here this website which I think will be beneficial to her and her chooks. Thanks :D

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds