New

More
11 years 5 months ago #25950 by nickyt26
New was created by nickyt26
Hi everyone
my name is nic i have just joined lifestyle block today.

I have a very high interest in animals particulary poultry and cattle. my fiancee and i have just purchased a 16 acre farm let in south canterbury and are now looking to get some animals on the place to start making some money off the land. look forward to talking to you all and learning new things as we go

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #361777 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic New
Hi Nic, welcome. Cattle and poultry are particular favourites here!

More
11 years 5 months ago #361791 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic New
And we look forward to talking with you, too, Nic. I always enjoy hearing about how people develop their land. Welcome to the site :-)
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
11 years 5 months ago #361792 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic New
Hi Nic and welcome from me too. Moos and clucks are just up my alley too! ;-)

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
11 years 5 months ago #361862 by sod
Replied by sod on topic New
Hi and welcome Nic well you uesd the right words there But as for making money hope you can so you can teach me how :D :D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 5 months ago #361925 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic New
sod, you should know by now that you can make a small fortune off a Life Sentence Block .....

.... but you have to start with a big fortune .....

More
11 years 5 months ago #361929 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic New
"sod, you should know by now that you can make a small fortune off a Life Sentence Block .....

.... but you have to start with a big fortune ....." Maybe this comment should be linked to the other posting about natural Risks on an LSB :D

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
11 years 5 months ago #361989 by sod
Replied by sod on topic New
Thanks you two I had forgotten maybe that was the problem didn't get the big one first :D :D I got it back to front again

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 5 months ago #362031 by BHGS
Replied by BHGS on topic New
Hi Nic and welcome. I'm pretty new on here too. People are very helpful with answering newbie queries. So ask away, and someone is sure to be able to help you out.

Cheers
Hilary,
Just me, partner and son, suburban backyard chooks (3), cats (2) veggies (variable) and weeds (eternally thriving)[:p]

More
11 years 5 months ago #362048 by nickyt26
Replied by nickyt26 on topic New

sod;352691 wrote: Hi and welcome Nic well you uesd the right words there But as for making money hope you can so you can teach me how :D :D

TWO WORDS DAIRY GRAZING

if the turn around on your paddocks is quick ie grass growth comes away good there is no reason why grazing 50 heifers on a 16acre block can not bring you in money. you just gotta know what your doing and do it right :)

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds