another newby!

More
11 years 6 months ago #25784 by chinagal
another newby! was created by chinagal
Hi to all.

Have looked here several times over the last few months & have found some helpful tips so thanks to all contributors.

We are not what you`d call `bigtime` lifestylers but for us having an acre of our own is wonderful & more than enough to look after, especially as we`ve only had small town sized sections before now.

We did get rid of the 4-legged mowers in favour of the 4-wheeled variety but with a good number of mature fruit trees, huge fenced vege garden, pond & stream, huge garage (he`s happy) & small house (she`s happy) & a hubby who loves his rideon, the grass isnt an issue at all.

We have 4 chooks who keep us well supplied with eggs & manure & my questions relate to this so I`v posted there.

Its great to see so much enthusiasm for all the hard work involved in being on the land - I take my hat off to you!!

Cheers for now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #359829 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic another newby!
Hi and welcome Chinagal. He's happy ... She's happy ... what a recipe for success!!! :D :D

Great to have you join us. Look forward to more of your posts.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
11 years 6 months ago #359832 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic another newby!
Hi and welcome Chinagal :)
:) sounds great that he and she are happy .. makes for a good life :)
lol um personaly i like 4 le gged lawnmowers , :) but 4 wheeled ones can be fun :)
Am sure there are enough chookie addicts on here to answer most of your questions .. :) enjoy your time here :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds