Newish to everything

More
11 years 8 months ago #355633 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Newish to everything
Wouldn't suit me either Peter. As soon as I hear that word "covenant" I'm gone. What this looks like to me is a fenced community with security gates and full of nongs with more money than sense who will bitch and moan about every little thing that I like to do. I wish you luck Savayla and hope you find the right place to move to before this drives you mad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #355642 by PeterNZ
Replied by PeterNZ on topic Newish to everything
LOL igor. Funny thing is, that I made the experience that you find a lot of Germans in those communities. And especially on the boards of these communities. I find this interesting. The Germans can't live without their rules I think. Something must be wrong with my genes then.

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

More
11 years 8 months ago #355643 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Newish to everything
Peter, that's what my sister-in-law near Munich says. If there is not a rule for something then her German friends are confused about how to handle it.

More
11 years 8 months ago #355658 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Newish to everything
Me too Igor and Peter when we were looking for a place first question was any covenants if so no go

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 8 months ago #355867 by Savayla
Replied by Savayla on topic Newish to everything

igor;345872 wrote: What this looks like to me is a fenced community with security gates and full of nongs with more money than sense who will bitch and moan about every little thing that I like to do. I wish you luck Savayla and hope you find the right place to move to before this drives you mad.

Well, there is no gate and I have yet to see a fence, except around our property as they had a dog. I don't think it is a "security " estate passing itself off as an organic community. My hubby can't stand seeing any houses around him, but in our situation, it works for us. Have no idea about how the whole community works.

I don't think it is like Riverside down the road from us. That I could never do. They get given their houses, all work for the community, have numerous meetings, and get a specific salary. Hoping to just get on with our lives and look for our place this year. Being new to a country and area, it is very difficult to choose where to live. We are thinking Wakefield.

More
11 years 8 months ago #355977 by madeit
Replied by madeit on topic Newish to everything
hi Savayla, firstly well done on making it to NZ where have you come from ?

More
11 years 8 months ago #356232 by Savayla
Hi Madeit

I am originally from Zimbabwe and South Africa. Been living in Malaysia for the last 18 months prior to this , though. And I am truly loving New Zealand and everything it has to offer. I just ignore the warts, as every country has them . This is paradise for us.

More
11 years 8 months ago #356266 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Newish to everything
Glad you like it/us warts and all :) sounds like you've had an interesting life so far hope that keeps up

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 8 months ago #356276 by Savayla
Thanks for all the welcomes, it is truly appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds