Far North Backblocks

More
11 years 8 months ago #25215 by tahunakuaka
Hi, This forum seems very friendly and positive and I hope to find help and information for things like solar power, possum control, thieves, ragwort etc and reading interesting discussions about things I had not thought of before. We have had our 14 acres of mixed terrain and habitat for about 11 years and during weekends and holidays have cleared the blackberry and most of the gorse, planted approx 60 fruit trees, electric fenced the regenerating bush from our 4 steers, have a huge shed full of rustic miscellania such as old truck and older tractor which my husband keeps in working order, and "things that might come in". We have a permanent camp with solar power and basic facilities. We are both retired now so are able to spend longer on our "patch" though still only part time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #353751 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Far North Backblocks
Hi and welcome to the LSB family :)
your place sounds great :)
Lots of helpfull people on this site :) and lots of good ideas :)
enjoy your stay in the family :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #353757 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Far North Backblocks
Welcome to the forum, from another bit of the Far North. :)

How far away are you when you're not there (in regard to your thieving problem)?
We can provide as many ragwort seeds as you'd like to order. [}:)]

More
11 years 7 months ago #353779 by tahunakuaka
Replied by tahunakuaka on topic Far North Backblocks
Hi Isla, we have 220 kms between our two places, I think we need someone living there all the time. This valley has a surplus of ragwort seed too. I set myself a daily quota to grub it out and doing it in fine early mornings is quite relaxing. Like your website.

More
11 years 7 months ago #353785 by Isla

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds