Hello from AlFerguson

More
13 years 4 months ago #25146 by AlFerguson
Hide Ho Campers,

Just want to say "HELLO" to everyone out there.

We, my wife and I, are lifestylers trapped in suburbanites bodies. I'm in I.T. and she is a care giver for Alzheimer sufferers. Both quite time consuming and stressful.

I aspire for the wide open spaces, my wife aspires for the malls. Was the big city malls, gradually it has become the smaller town "Farmers Markets" - so we are getting there.

Anyway, my interests are bread making, raising rabbits - (don't have any at the moment, used to make quite a reasonable income from it), growing fresh veges - herbs - maybe flowers (if you can eat them).

Hope to catch up with you all and enjoy your lovely group

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #353235 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Hello from AlFerguson
Globe artichokes, but you have to eat those before they turn into flowers.
Nasturtium can be pickled like capers.

More
13 years 3 months ago #354595 by sgroom
Replied by sgroom on topic Hello from AlFerguson
Hi Al,

Sounds great! - Enderby rabbits are a rare breed that seems to be doing well at the moment, my daughter has a few. Let me know if you need to contact a local breeder.

Unless you breed rabbits for food - then I guess ... not :)

Bread making - we use a bread maker (I know lame etc) but a good result - any favourites or fav recipes?

We find making our own pizza dough good then the kids can pick a topping and bake - easy! - considering a wood fired pizza oven when I get time to construct

Regards,

Steve.

More
13 years 3 months ago #354628 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Hello from AlFerguson
Hi Al and welcome we as many others started off in cities even some like My Jean in the UK so just keep working at it :D :D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds