Hi from another newbie in canterbury

More
11 years 8 months ago #25104 by rosmay
Hi to all the rural lovers out their.We manage a 950cow diary farm a bit south of ashburton,plus we have a few acres around the house for our house food,eg sheep and pig,fruit trees and veges.we'v been here6years and before that farmed at West Eyerton,Oxford(diary) Fernside(250sows)
Gore(3000 sheep) sefton(cropping,stud cows,pigs, sheep) reminds me of the song -Ive been everywhere Man[;)].
We enjoy being as self sufficent as possible, including fishing and husband likes hunting(me shopping :D )when we ar'nt flat out on the farm.
I'v enjoyed looking at this site with all the helpful tips so thought i'd "comeout"

950 cows,2ewes,6 lambs
3kids and 1cat and 1husband[;)].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #352714 by Jen - Featherston
Hi Rosmay - what a great amount of farming experience you have had - a welcome addition to the forum!

Sometimes its not only what you say, its the way you say it that counts.

More
11 years 7 months ago #353159 by rosmay
thanks for the welcome.
My partner is the knowledge on all things rural, i work in ashburton doing
care of the eldery or anyone housebound.
Though i spose iv leant about rearing lambs and calf rearing- but on a big
scale- on average rearing 900calves but im fussy with them and get attached to the odd ones.
though i must say it was a great suprise to go outside a few weeks ago and find our hogget had had triplets :) and she rearing real well for a first time mum.

950 cows,2ewes,6 lambs
3kids and 1cat and 1husband[;)].

More
11 years 7 months ago #354597 by sgroom
Hi Rosmay,

Welcome - Sounds like you are well travelled. We have 6 sheep that need shearing soon, anyone around Darfield you can recommend for that?

Self sufficiency (or the quest thereof) is fun isnt it?

Regards,

Steve.

More
11 years 7 months ago #354630 by sod
Hi and welcome rather you than me on 950 cow farm biggest we got to was 400 but you have so much knowledge there

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds