vanaheim

More
13 years 7 months ago #25099 by Vanaheim
vanaheim was created by Vanaheim
g'day
Names Mike
after 10 years of living in student ville in Hamilton, I convinced my wife to by a new house and some land.
Marion,(the misses), Fenrir and Herne, (dogs), 5 hens, sam the huge rooster, were joined by trinny and suzanah, (wessex saddleback sows), and finally Ramese and Cleopatra, (the pure dorper lambs) and Baba, (the black sheep).
2 boars on the way and another ewe, our little acre will be full for now.
Im a hunter, a teacher (primary) and love brewing beer, cider, perry and mead.
Marions a phd science geek.
Vanaheim is the home of the fertility gods in my religion and seemed a good name for my piece of land here in Horotiu.

Bræðr munu berjask ok at bönum verðask,
munu systrungar sifjum spilla;
hart er í heimi, hórdómr mikill,
skeggöld, skalmöld, skildir ro klofnir,
vindöld, vargöld, áðr veröld steypisk;
mun engi maðr öðrum þyrma.

Brothers shall fight | and fell each other,
And sisters' sons | shall...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #352671 by the old ram
Replied by the old ram on topic vanaheim
Hi Mike and welcome to the site ,do either of you have a background in farming?If not you will find the people here are always willing to help with questions about farming and "stuff"..........Love the names for your new pigs......Post some pictures of the stock (when you work out how to do it).Weeeeee love photo's on this forum............T.O.R.

More
13 years 7 months ago #352698 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic vanaheim
:) hi Mike .. and welcome to the LSB family :)
LOts of good suggestions ( lol as Longridge says, advise costs money lol ) and lots of people on here that have "been there,done that" and happy to pass on what worked for them :)
LOL and not everything ends up costing an arm and a leg :) ... welcome here , and enjoy the family and its knowledge :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds