Hello, I snooped decided to stay

More
11 years 8 months ago #25039 by griev
Evening all, Shane is my name,

My girl spends a lot of time on here, (me on trademe and other off grid power supply sites), but recently she has been having login problems, so I thought I would have a better look, and saw there were very helpful people, and also some that may benefit from my years of 'other experiences' haha.

I honestly can say I have no real animal farming exp (by farming I refer to animal husbandry), (did help tail 3000odd lambs many years ago), but I do consider myself to have an ability to convert ideas into reality as I have a abstractly, logical and practical mind haha.

She has a block of land out Banks Peninsula way (29,8 odd Ha), however most of it is vertical so in reality we have max 10ha land usable.
we have 50ewe's and one ram (Cletus of course) and recently we have the pleasure of adding to our stock with a nice lot of lambs.

I am into all sorts and are currently enjoying playing with my DIY wind generator.

there is no house on site, but we have built an implement shed,(Mans Shed!) this is our base as the trusty camper is parked inside which we use when we come out to the site.

Soon as the shed is done, and the fences done, and the tree's planted, and the road done, and the ponds cleaned out, and the...... we will sit down and start the process of building our home.

we are 8 months into it, She brought a small excavator, and I never looked back! I am hooked.

Let the sun shine on my solar panels[:)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #351874 by kaybe
Hi Shane, welcome to the site! Good to see your lady knows the way to a man's heart - a shed and an excavator!

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
11 years 8 months ago #351879 by sod
Hi and welcome :) we did shed first thing and lived some where else so understand sounds like you got a smart girl there

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 8 months ago #352380 by griev
thanks for the welcomes, she is awesome, and so is the digger, unfortunately my 'man shed' has been temp taken over by the camper, bales of hay and the odd rescued lamb. but thats the way of the farm - just gotta build another shed eh!

Let the sun shine on my solar panels[:)]

More
11 years 8 months ago #352438 by sod
You got it never too many sheds thats why we started getting containers quick build :D

More
11 years 8 months ago #352440 by Andrea1
Welcome! Can never have too many sheds. We never seem to have quite enough space for everything that should be undercover..... Have looked at the container idea, but not sure of best place to site one, so it's been on indefinite hold...

More
11 years 8 months ago #352443 by igor
The best thing about a container Andrea is that you can shift it.

More
11 years 8 months ago #352457 by sod
igor so very true, :) and they arrive ready to use

More
11 years 8 months ago #352461 by Andrea1
But you have to get in a hiab to shift it! That's the thing. DH doesn't want the hassle, and no particular spot has presented itself as being the optimum one yet. One day! :rolleyes:

More
11 years 8 months ago #352472 by sod
Get one put it where you think looks good and use, remember it can be moved with the stuff in it :) we moved one off ours with our loader and forks one end tractor at other we now have 5 HE HE

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds