Oh to be on my land.....

More
13 years 8 months ago #25037 by Lyn Sumner
Logged in as Lyn.
Simple. Straight forward. A shame life is not like that!!!
So you have a passion for the land? So do I.
It's been my dream since the age of 15 to have some land of my own. My wish has been granted. 10 acres. :) It only took 35 years!!!!
Unfortunately the bad fairy (earthquake) has decided to wreck the house I was selling to get the money I need to build on it. [:(!] Now with 2 mortgages :eek: and a broken house :( I need to use my bucket loads of determination to still make it happen. That, even at 50, I still have. :D
My husband, kids, and 4 English Springer Spaniels all look forward to our romps on the land. It would though, be rather nice to have slightly more than a tiny shed and a BBQ table!!!
Fingers crossed we can make our move and build a house before my bones turn brittle and I get lazy!!!
Time to study up on ways to make money out of nothing with 10 acres as my only tool?
Hi everyone. Hope I learn heaps.:cool:

Lyn Sumner
{The Gentle Dog Groomer & Ashanti English Springers}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #351862 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Oh to be on my land.....
Well hello again, just me. I replied to your other post and then found this one doing a new active topics seach...

So, we have been back in NZ for two years this month. lots of our plans have gone down the drain, but the best money I have turned over so far farming wise excluding working elsewhere (both of us) to pay the day to day bills, is beef farming and buying in white faced calves. However, and a big however, I milk 2 - 3 jerseys over the last 18 months and this feeds our bought in calves before going to work.

its a rotating thing, and we have sold a few yearlings and will keep the rest longer term to get the max out of their weight. We also have a pre 1989 forestry block we plan on max' returns via firewood and structural timber for our next home.

so short and sweet that is us. I think it pretty much outlines our plans for the next few years too.[B)][B)] :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #351901 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Oh to be on my land.....
Welcome Lyn! Sorry to hear of your troubles due to the earthquake, but very glad to hear of your determination! Stick with it, it will be worth in the long run and stand you in good stead in the hard times.

More
13 years 8 months ago #351918 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Oh to be on my land.....
Hello Lyn :)

You'll love this website, glad you could join us here.

I'm sure you'll be down the road from us before you know it - the years fly by as we get older.

It's about time you got a bigger garden. After all, you were the one who taught me that to weed properly, you have to dig up the roots, not just pull off the leaves.

See you at the weekend.

Louisa

PS Isn't it ironic that my name is Seaside, and you're the ones who live by the sea.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
13 years 8 months ago #352015 by Lyn Sumner
Replied by Lyn Sumner on topic Oh to be on my land.....
Yes for one who has never had a spade in the soil,you have done really well.
A storm is coming. I will be weather beaten and hardy even if it kills me :D
Hey! I now have an oil skin coat AND an oil skin vest... I must be ready.

Lyn Sumner
{The Gentle Dog Groomer & Ashanti English Springers}

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds