Extremely desperate!! Can anyone help me???

More
11 years 8 months ago #24940 by Rennie
Hi there. My family and I (2 kids, husband and myself) are in a dilemma.
We are looking for somewhere to live, however owning 6 horses is making it impossible. Does anyone in Northland (preferably close to Mangapai area, have an old shack or shed with power that we can rent?:confused:?? Also paddocks for horses would be helpful, however not as important as somewhere for my family to live.
As we can't afford the rent in the house we are currently renting, we have been told we must be out of here by friday!!!
We have a horse truck which we are happy to live in, if we could just rent a small plot to park it in (preferably near a shed or barn we can also utilise.
ANYONE???? Please help us out.

Desterately seeking :(

Laurenne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #350852 by witheze
"Sparrow" lives in that vicinity, try sending her a pm.

More
11 years 8 months ago #350854 by Rennie
Hey thanks for that. As I am new to this site, how do I find sparrow??
Not to worry, have found Sparrow. Thanks heaps!!

More
11 years 8 months ago #350993 by Mark Nehoff
I have a friend who was from that area and I will see if she knows anyone. They had a lifestyle block and still keep in contact I think Good luck. Mark

More
11 years 8 months ago #351046 by sod
Wish you were closer to here would be no problem all the best.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 8 months ago #351157 by Hestia
If you still are desperate,,,
I am trying to sell my house,,having open homes every sunday,,I live in it,,

but if you need somewhere to park the truck and borrow a bedroom or two t-e-m-p-o-r-a-r-y and keep it tidy,,we talk a couple of days a week or two ,,,,so the open home sundays are ok,,middle of waikato and very small place,,you would need to buy feed for the horses,,

• Bo Peep
11 years 8 months ago #351208 by Bo Peep
Replied by Bo Peep on topic Extremely desperate!! Can anyone help me???
This is why I LOVE this site, just like an extended family.
All the best Rennie

More
11 years 8 months ago #351430 by max2
WINZ paid the full rent for our previous tenant here on 16 acres..... although she had 5 kids to 3 different fathers, I am sure you must be entitled to some sort of rental assistance, as well as checking whether the ''must be out by Friday'' situation is actually legal.

More
11 years 8 months ago #351845 by Rennie

Mark Nehoff;340735 wrote: I have a friend who was from that area and I will see if she knows anyone. They had a lifestyle block and still keep in contact I think Good luck. Mark

Thanks Mark. If you could still ask around that would be great. Have managed to extend the time we need to move. Have found grass for all the horses in ormiston rd, so anywhere around that area would be great :)
Thanks again

More
11 years 8 months ago #351846 by Rennie

sod;340792 wrote: Wish you were closer to here would be no problem all the best.

Heya, thanks for that :D

More
11 years 8 months ago #351847 by Rennie

Hestia;340915 wrote: If you still are desperate,,,
I am trying to sell my house,,having open homes every sunday,,I live in it,,

but if you need somewhere to park the truck and borrow a bedroom or two t-e-m-p-o-r-a-r-y and keep it tidy,,we talk a couple of days a week or two ,,,,so the open home sundays are ok,,middle of waikato and very small place,,you would need to buy feed for the horses,,

Hey thanks so much for the offer, however that would be too far for us to move unfortunately :(
But again thanks heaps. Much appreciated :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #351849 by Rennie

Bo Peep;340972 wrote: This is why I LOVE this site, just like an extended family.
All the best Rennie

I know!!! I didn't realise how many lovely people there are actually out there!!! :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #351850 by Rennie

swaggie;341212 wrote: WINZ paid the full rent for our previous tenant here on 16 acres..... although she had 5 kids to 3 different fathers, I am sure you must be entitled to some sort of rental assistance, as well as checking whether the ''must be out by Friday'' situation is actually legal.

Hey thanks so much for that. I did some research and no they can't legally kick us out. However my husband has now given notice due to feeling bad about not being able to pay all the rent, so we have around about a week left in this place. Have found grazing for the horses and am now just looking for somewhere to plonk the truck and live rough for a little bit while we get on our feet :)
Again, Thanks heaps :)

More
11 years 8 months ago #351852 by max2

Rennie;341695 wrote: Hey thanks so much for that. I did some research and no they can't legally kick us out. However my husband has now given notice due to feeling bad about not being able to pay all the rent, so we have around about a week left in this place. Have found grazing for the horses and am now just looking for somewhere to plonk the truck and live rough for a little bit while we get on our feet :)
Again, Thanks heaps :)

Laurenne, whilst I feel very much for your situation, the Govt benefits are there for your family to rent a proper home, you don't need to live in a shed or truck and also proper property manager could find you such a home.

Ours was privately managed via an agent who had the WINZ redirection in place, so no one had to worry about the cost of rent. Please remember that even private owners can legally search the tribunal website for courts orders pertaining to outstanding rent and damages if that is a concern (not insinuating, just suggesting).

There are better alternatives and ultimately whilst I admire your love of your horses, if you are displacing your family into a truck, why the concern for animals you could look at re-homing?

find a professional agent who will have you and your children in a proper home quick as..... times are tough for everyone out there.

good luck meant with good will.

More
11 years 8 months ago #351866 by Rennie

swaggie;341698 wrote: Laurenne, whilst I feel very much for your situation, the Govt benefits are there for your family to rent a proper home, you don't need to live in a shed or truck and also proper property manager could find you such a home.

Ours was privately managed via an agent who had the WINZ redirection in place, so no one had to worry about the cost of rent. Please remember that even private owners can legally search the tribunal website for courts orders pertaining to outstanding rent and damages if that is a concern (not insinuating, just suggesting).

There are better alternatives and ultimately whilst I admire your love of your horses, if you are displacing your family into a truck, why the concern for animals you could look at re-homing?

find a professional agent who will have you and your children in a proper home quick as..... times are tough for everyone out there.

good luck meant with good will.

Yes I know where you are coming from. The only reason we are so keen to keep hold of the horses (well most of them) is because we are wanting to start breeding. We have two colonial arab mares and a colonial arab stallion. We are thinking in the long term, we could make some money off these horses. Also I have actually been trying to rehome a couple of our horses. a Standardbred gelding which we are now thinking about giving away and a welsh/english riding pony which I can only sell to the right home as he has some issues. However in saying this, there is no one out there that wants to buy or even be given horses, believe me, I have been trying!
Also we are trying to get a house to rent, but it does need to be close enough to where the horses are kept as it would cost a bit in gas to see them each day. We will go to WINZ and see what they can do to help :)
Thanks heaps for the advice.
Again much appreciated :)

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds