wanted sight glass for milking plant bucket

More
11 years 8 months ago #24921 by Bankmoor
Wanted desperatley!!! after having a whoopsie in the shed, the sight glass that was so carefully wrapped up in a towel has hit the floor after towel used to dry hands ... dam!!

Does anyone know of where we can get a replacement sight glass that goes on the milking machine test bucket? It is for a single plant (very old one).

We are improvising at the moment using a nip glass, however not perfect seal so have substandard vacumn which isn't milking out the cow properly.

The seal it sits on is 55mm across outer dimension and 42mm inside dimension. It is part of the lid that sits on the bucket and is held on by a wire clip.

The last glass I'm told was a dome shape. Have photos of the plant etc that I am happy to email if anyone thinks they can help. What's worse is that it is a borrowed machine and the owner wants machine back ... eek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #351279 by the old ram
hi Bankmoor and wecome to the site ,you could try making a seal from some waterproof silicon,run a line around the glass and let it go off a little and then put it on and the spring clip should hold it until you can replace it.............T.O.R.

More
11 years 8 months ago #351282 by Hasbeen
Take the measurement to the second hand places & look at old jelly jars.
I know I replaced with one of those years ago on ours.

Recovering Lifestyler

More
11 years 8 months ago #351289 by sod
Take fitting off on bucket and connect pipe straight on so you can get vacuum up then get a sight glass that goes in the line or just cut pipe and fit clear tube in so you can see milk flow we had in line ones in one cowshed.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds