Ha, finally!

More
11 years 8 months ago #24884 by Blueberry
Ha, finally! was created by Blueberry
Hi there
after several tries, i'm finally able to post my introduction, as well. We're the proud owners of a 50 acres returning soldiers block in coastal Taranaki. For 9 years and counting, we have invested everything we have in our little slice of Taradise. When we bought the place, there were barren paddocks, some awkward pine and eucalypt plantings, a couple of lemon trees and forrests of Wandering Jew.
These days, we share the place with just under 40 head of purebred Highland cattle, grazing well organised paddocks with a gravity fed water system, with the beggingins of a dairy sheep flock, two dozen ducks and nearly 2 dozen rarebreeds hens, and a dog. Over the years, we have planted usefull things - nearly 2,000 blueberry bushes, 100 each of currants and gooseberry bushes, 2 (long) rows of boysen- and loganberry bushes, scores of experimental, fruit bearing bushes, trees and climbers, plus roughly 200 fruit trees. There's another 120 apple trees 'in the making', as i've spent the few sunny afternoons we had this winter grafting bought-in and seed-raised rootstocks - to scionwood of 30 varieties of mostly red, late fruiting apples. I'm afraid i'm a hoarder of everything fruitbearing![:I]
we're largely self sustainable, and we do make a (small!!) income from selling an ever growing array of surplus produce at the local Farmers Market. But, most of all, we're living our dream, and we're enjoying it hugely - most of the time :D

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #350252 by PeterNZ
Replied by PeterNZ on topic Ha, finally!
Welcome to the forum. I have only one word to say "Whao!"

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

More
11 years 8 months ago #350267 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Ha, finally!
Great effort :D and welcome to another Naki resident on the forum. No doubt we'll catch you at the Farmers' Market

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
11 years 8 months ago #350839 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Ha, finally!
thanks for the welcome! :)

PeterNZ, i notice i've already surfed your website before becoming a member - and once my dairy sheep project actually starts yielding milk, i shall be back. Cheers

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds