Newbie - Wasp Question

More
11 years 8 months ago #24847 by morkmindi
Hi everyone, I'm from Te Kauwhata. We have a small lifestyle block down here with 3½ acres. My question is, at this time of the year we have many wasps start trying to nest on our brick house. They haven't started any nests yet but are an awful pain in the neck when they are constantly around the deck area. I have 3 children, the youngest being 16 months old and I'm worried he will get stung. Is there anything I can spray on the brick walls to deter them, home remedy or otherwise that works. Thanks in advance. Mandy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #349882 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Newbie - Wasp Question
Welcome Mandy, we have a member that will be able to assist you. I am sure he will be along before too long. In the mean time have a read here

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 8 months ago #349927 by morkmindi
Replied by morkmindi on topic Newbie - Wasp Question
Thank you, yes I hope I can get some good answers here. i looked at the previous link but they are more in regards to actual nests where as I just want to deter mine away from getting to that stage. Thank you for your reply though it is greatly appreciated.

More
11 years 8 months ago #350135 by LongRidge
Replied by LongRidge on topic Newbie - Wasp Question
You could try spraying the outside of the house with RipCord. There is a small chance that might deter them.

More
11 years 8 months ago #350140 by morkmindi
Replied by morkmindi on topic Newbie - Wasp Question
Thank you, is worth trying definately.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds