Newbie in Whakatane (well just outside anyway)

More
11 years 9 months ago #24633 by danbaxter
Hi All, Another newbie here, we have a 1 acre block 2 kids and a dog, we have owned it for best part of 4 years and have decided to find out how to make the best of it, found this site and here we are.

Dan

1 Acre, 1 Dog, 1 Wife, 2 Kids, Avocados, Apples, Feijoas and no idea...:confused:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #347382 by Stu_R
:) welcome to the lsb family Dan :)
Hope the weather is better up your way than the mud we have here

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #347384 by danbaxter
it's windy and cold...is that an improvement? :D

1 Acre, 1 Dog, 1 Wife, 2 Kids, Avocados, Apples, Feijoas and no idea...:confused:

More
11 years 9 months ago #347406 by igor
I'd rather just windy and cold than windy and cold with snow and/or melt water everywhere like we have here at the moment.

More
11 years 9 months ago #347431 by danbaxter
Daylight savings this weekend will see the warm weather return...hopefully[8D]

More
11 years 9 months ago #347440 by Stu_R
:) so long as it dries out some of the water thats laying round here .. then daylight savings is just fine :)
LOL i would rather it was lighter earlier though as i would rather be up early and into it, so lighter evenings dont mean much to me

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #347443 by danbaxter
unfortunately im not an "early bird" so the lighter evenings is when it all happens at our place, we both work fulltime so the longer days are the only time we ever get things done...

More
11 years 9 months ago #347450 by igor
The days aren't longer, they just start later.

More
11 years 9 months ago #347451 by stephclark
oh dear Igor.. its not so much that the day starts later.. what we use to measure time is shifted .. but you know that :D .. i am with StuR.. i like the early start, get it over and done with then one doesnt feel guilty about vegging :) .. and its usually too darn hot to do anything at the end of the day , and who can realy be bothered after a full day at work .. but anyway.. welcome.. and it definately officially spring now.. equinox today/yesturday.. it can only get better...cant wait to pop back here in Feb and see everyone lamenting the lack of water :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #347453 by danbaxter
I got my bore pump fixed at last summer so you wont hear any moaning from me!!...fingers crossed...

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds