Hi from Puni

More
11 years 9 months ago #24458 by gudgyz
Hi from Puni was created by gudgyz
HI All,
Originally from Athenree, was living in sth Ak and recently moved to a 2ha block in Puni. Love being back rural, and now the ewes have finished lambing the city born wife is starting to enjoy the country living as well. Got a few good tips off this forum and hoping to get more and contirbute/help others if/where i can.
Kevin

"And in knowing, that you know nothing, makes you the smartest of all" ~ Socrates

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #345353 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Hi from Puni
Hi Kevin and Mrs Kevin. Welcome aboard.

More
11 years 9 months ago #345392 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hi from Puni
:) hi and welcome to the LSB family
My grandfather used to have 20 acres on Puni road ( after he retired and my dad had the family farm at Waiuku) so know the area a little , havent been back up that way for probably 20 years though.
:) hope you find this extended family helpful ... :) lots of helpful people and lots of knowledge on here

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #345632 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Hi from Puni
Gee whizzy, I was only at Puni on Saturday, didn't realise how close it was to Pukekohe after all this time...

So hello from me too!

More
11 years 9 months ago #345690 by gudgyz
Replied by gudgyz on topic Hi from Puni
Thansk for the welcome, we have about 5 acres here, 2 in convenanted bush, about 2 in paddocks and an acre house block gardens and orchard. Inheritied livestock with the place, but planning on changing it a bit, getting rid of some of the sheep and getting some piglets & chooks (to help balance out the menu)

The dogs love it here, we have three Shiba's two 2 year olds and an old 13 yeard old. The pups LOVE the bush and have scared all the possums away in the first few months and reduced the rat population as well.

The old man

The pups

"And in knowing, that you know nothing, makes you the smartest of all" ~ Socrates

More
11 years 9 months ago #345691 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Hi from Puni
Neat looking dogs!

More
11 years 9 months ago #345707 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hi from Puni
:) love your dogs :) .. i have 2 Akita's
Father and Daughter ( Kuma and Ki )
They are good dogs .. lol pressently learning to speak Sheep lol and teaching 2 lambs to speak Dog :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds