Sunny days

More
11 years 9 months ago #24450 by farmhermit
Sunny days was created by farmhermit
Hi, I have sold my farm:(, currently living on a large farm :) near Wanganui, in an in-between state:confused:, hoping to move to the Manawatu soon :) .

I will be probably renting to begin with, then buying once a few details have been sorted out.

I managed to find wonderful homes for my animals :) :) .

My menagerie now consists of one wonderful horse, 2 lovely dogs, and a contented cat, some say spoiled, but I don't believe so!

Future ambitions include finding another home for us and growing lots of herbs, vegetables and fruit. I enjoy living in as "green" a state as my limitations allow :) . A home will be offered to some chooks again once we are established.

Today we are all enjoying the sunshine, a welcome respite from high rainfall of late.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #345233 by PeterNZ
Replied by PeterNZ on topic Sunny days
Hi farmhermit, welcome.

This sounds wonderful. I always think about "What comes after this life?" and your way of living sounds like what I could put up with as well. Lets be honest who could ever sell up and move to the suburbs after such a great rural life?

Cheers

Peter

Everything you need to make your own cheese at home
www.CottageCrafts.co.nz
[:D]LSB Members will get first order (over $10) shipping cost free. Just mention your LSB user name! [:D]

My private blog (Caution! Contains opinions and thoughts which may offend some viewers.)

Change the World! One Meal...

More
11 years 9 months ago #345242 by farmhermit
Replied by farmhermit on topic Sunny days
Thanks, Peter.
After years of hankering to be on a farm, I finally bought one a few years ago. Even with a change in lifestyle options, I am not even considering the urban option. Currently my horse is my lawnmower and I only have to go around after him with the pitchfork. He has a couple of paddocks as well. His presence around the house is lovely for us both. He is a much better lawnmower than I ever am! I have had to pony-proof the little vege gardens, tho. Small price!

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds