Hello...

More
11 years 10 months ago #24244 by Jessica2710
Hello... was created by Jessica2710
Hello out there,

My partner and I recently moved to a small 10acre block in Upper Hutt.
Being city folk this is all new to us so looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge on the forum. Have learnt so much already just by reading the different posts!

Currently we have;
*6 orpington chickens - hopefully they will go broody this spring and we will get a few more.
*5 sheep we took over when we moved in - this will be my first lambing season so naturally I am more than a little nervous :eek:
*1 excitable puppy
*2 cats

We are hoping to start up a couple of bee hives this spring aswell all going to plan.

There is so much I want to do with the place, and being an impatient person I want to jump into everything gung ho, luckily my partner is there to tie me down evey once in a while [;)]. Believe me - I need it.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say if you happen to relpy to any of my threads asking for advice, thankyou in advance for your help.

Jessica
:p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #342999 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Hello...
Hi Jessica. Welcome aboard.
Your partner is right. It is easy go mad with tempting new things. Have think for a while first.
Ask yourself the following questions before buying farm stuff. Do I really need this equipment? Is there another thing I can use that is better or more cost effective?
Do not be tempted to buy a ride-on mower or a quad. If you need machinery to work your land then get a real tractor. You will find that it is more versatile and attachments are usually cheaper and easier to find.

More
11 years 10 months ago #343000 by Jessica2710
Replied by Jessica2710 on topic Hello...

igor;331628 wrote:
Do not be tempted to buy a ride-on mower or a quad. If you need machinery to work your land then get a real tractor. You will find that it is more versatile and attachments are usually cheaper and easier to find.

Thanks Igor

I know, we make a good team, one wants to move straight away and one never wants to move [;)]. We find a happy medium.
After asking about attachments to quads on the forum I have been swayed to get a tractor instead as it seems more practical and it can do more things in the long run. Just need to find a good one now. My Brother-in-law is on the case though, so just a matter of waiting for a good 2nd hand one to become available. In no rush (funnily enough [;)])

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds