Howdy!

More
11 years 10 months ago #24060 by brookvaleequestrian
Howdy! was created by brookvaleequestrian
Hello to all!

I am a 20yo female who has been both an animal and especially horse lover her whole life. I currently lease a 10 acre block of a land aswel as another 4 acre turn out block. I dream of the day of owning my own land :rolleyes: which will hopefully be some time in the near future as my long time bf and I are currently saving for a deposit on some land just out of Christchurch (We would be retired before we could afford to be first time home buyers in Auckland [:0]).

A bit about me...

I was 3 years old when I started hounding my mother for a horse of my own and in a desperate attempt to silence my pleas she promised to get me a pony when I was 10 (thinking of course it was just a faze and that I would soon forget all about it), 10 come and went however and to my horror there was still no pony! So I decided to take matters into my own hands and when I was 11 I brought my own pony off a family friend, paying her off over a year with Birthday/Christmas money, pocket money and my pay from a little after school job.

Since then there has been no stopping me! I now make a living (well try to at least [;)]) buying, training and selling horses and ponies along with having two horses of my own and still owning my very first pony (who had a beautiful little colt last November :D ). I currently have 4 horses (Teddy, Mouse, Elly and Amigo), 2 ponies (Kamaia and Tank), 2 weanling foals (Kiwi and Impy) and 2 horses that I am currently schooling and own shares in (Rockie and Duke).

As if my life wasn't busy enough I also work part time, have a dog (my baby! Hero), 5 chickens (Scramble, Boil, Fry, Poach and Pickle) and have just thrown two little calves into the mix (Sookie and Bubba) being a first time mother cow I'm a wee bit nervous :confused: lol. Any advice would be appreciated.

I look forward to meeting others like myself who live for the country lifestyle!!!

Keep smiling,

Emma :D

Poverty is owning a horse (or 8) [:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #341001 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Howdy!
Hi and welcome, Emma. Lovely to hear all about you and your animals. I just love the names you gave to your chickens :D Way cool.

Lots of horse, cow, chicken and dog lovers amongst the LSB family, so you'll feel right at home. As a sheep person myself, I think you need at least a couple... :p :D

Look forward to hearing more from you.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
11 years 10 months ago #341056 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Howdy!

brookvaleequestrian;329289 wrote: Hello to all!

I am a 20yo female who has been both an animal and especially horse lover her whole life. I currently lease a 10 acre block of a land aswel as another 4 acre turn out block. I dream of the day of owning my own land :rolleyes: which will hopefully be some time in the near future as my long time bf and I are currently saving for a deposit on some land just out of Christchurch (We would be retired before we could afford to be first time home buyers in Auckland [:0]).

A bit about me...

I was 3 years old when I started hounding my mother for a horse of my own and in a desperate attempt to silence my pleas she promised to get me a pony when I was 10 (thinking of course it was just a faze and that I would soon forget all about it), 10 come and went however and to my horror there was still no pony! So I decided to take matters into my own hands and when I was 11 I brought my own pony off a family friend, paying her off over a year with Birthday/Christmas money, pocket money and my pay from a little after school job.

Since then there has been no stopping me! I now make a living (well try to at least [;)]) buying, training and selling horses and ponies along with having two horses of my own and still owning my very first pony (who had a beautiful little colt last November :D ). I currently have 4 horses (Teddy, Mouse, Elly and Amigo), 2 ponies (Kamaia and Tank), 2 weanling foals (Kiwi and Impy) and 2 horses that I am currently schooling and own shares in (Rockie and Duke).

As if my life wasn't busy enough I also work part time, have a dog (my baby! Hero), 5 chickens (Scramble, Boil, Fry, Poach and Pickle) and have just thrown two little calves into the mix (Sookie and Bubba) being a first time mother cow I'm a wee bit nervous :confused: lol. Any advice would be appreciated.

I look forward to meeting others like myself who live for the country lifestyle!!!

Keep smiling,

Emma :D

Welcome Emma ......your life story could have been written about me ...albeit I am now 54[:0] but still obsessed with animals and horses especially ...I remember being promised a pony and my folks hoping I would get over:rolleyes::rolleyes: still not[;)]
You will find some very like minded animal people on here[}:)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds