Yet another northlander

More
11 years 11 months ago #23891 by Justjulie
Hello all! After more years than I care to remember of driving to see my horses (anywhere from Helensville to Albany) my husband & I have bought 16 acre just east of Whangarei. Apart from my 2 mares we have 2 cats & 3 steers. Luckily we weren't over stocked for the drought.
We built a shed and lived in it for 9 months while the house was being built and have been in the house a year. My garden gets bigger by the month.
I have learnt a lot from this site and hope to learn a lot more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #339035 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Yet another northlander
Good another Northlander.......we're a bit light on this site...... I'm at Purua...welcome!

More
11 years 11 months ago #339044 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Yet another northlander
There are a few of us moving north though witheze :D

Welcome JJ, we're living in a hut while building about 30 mins north of Whangarei. We're hoping to start building the house soon but we have to sell our 10-acre block in the Waikato first.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
11 years 11 months ago #339094 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Yet another northlander
I'm a Northlander at heart having grown up there. Moved to South Island in '94. I'd be keen to move back but land prices are getting ridiculous up there.

More
11 years 11 months ago #339105 by BillyTheTractor
Hello, from another Northlander, we're a bit further north near the Bay of Islands
:D

Wee Farm

More
11 years 10 months ago #339117 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic Yet another northlander
We are in the Bay of Islands too. Welcome :)

igor;327058 wrote: I'm a Northlander at heart having grown up there. Moved to South Island in '94. I'd be keen to move back but land prices are getting ridiculous up there.

It depends where you look Igor. There are some very cheap properties around Kaikohe at present, and further out along the Hokianga Harbour, it is cheaper still. I think it's fair to say that Northland is well down the list when it comes to high property prices -- definitely cheaper than:

- Waikato
- Franklin (south of Auckland)
- Rodney (north of Auckland)
- Bay of Plenty around Tauranga, Te Puke
- Queenstown

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds