Hello from the deep south

More
11 years 11 months ago #23861 by The Kettles
Hi all. I was delighted to find this website. My friends are all into Facebook but this is much more me. My partner and I have a 6acre lifestyle block in Southland. We run 16ewes (which have just started lambing), 4 heifers (who are about to leave the place, we wont tell them where they are going). We also have 3dogs, 2 black labs (one quite elderly) and a Jack Russell, and two cats (one thinks he is a dog though). We planted our first veggie garden last year and hope to expand this and have scored an old tunnel house that just needs reclad. We love our lifestyle and partner is a keen hunter/gatherer. I know Im going to find lots of useful information here and maybe one day might know enough to share something in return. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #338784 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hello from the deep south
:) hi and welcome to the site The Kettles :)
:) sounds like you have a good set up down there :) hope you have a smooth and trouble free lambing to :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #338919 by Neverathome stayhomemum
Hello Kettles!

I hope the last couple of days rain hasn't been too hard on your lambs! I'm sure you will find this site wonderful! I would have been lost without all the info on here.

There is quite a few from Ingill on here... more by the day!

You will enjoy your tunnel house - it lengthens our growing season by quite a bit.

NAHSHM

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds