deer, dogs, cat, baby

More
11 years 11 months ago #23858 by deer-nut
Hi there,

Found this site today when looking for ducks and then spent a couple of hours reading various threads. I think I can waste a lot of time on here... don't tell the husband. We have a deer farm with about 130 deer. But as I'm now a stay at home mum I'm starting to branch out into the fun lifestyle side of things. As of Friday, I have 6 day old chicks . My chook run is nearly finished, and I am in the middle of a war against rats. They've got to be gone before the chicks grow up and before I get some khaki campbells.

Cheers,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #338849 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic deer, dogs, cat, baby
Welcome, Deer-nut. Yep, this is an addictive site. In my case I check at work most lunchtimes to catch up with what everyone's doing. There's a lot of collective knowledge amongst 'the LSB family' and it's fun reading what interesting things others are doing on their land. I can't tell you how many times I've benefited from advice and experiences gleaned here.

Good luck with the rats. They're such a pain and it's so satisfying when you see a dead one after baiting the traps.

Tell us more about your deer farm. And the baby....:-)
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
11 years 11 months ago #338884 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic deer, dogs, cat, baby
:) welcome to the LSB family deer-nut :)
um yeah this site is addictive lol
Heaps of knowledge on here , and i to have learnt lots on things i was never interested in befor from reading threads :) .. and have become interested in lots more types of animals to

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds