Hi from the Wairarapa

More
12 years 1 month ago #22968 by Akupe
Hi from the Wairarapa was created by Akupe
Joined up today. :)

I have recently moved from Martinborough village to a 3.8Ha lifestyle block 14 kms out of Martinborough. First time living with an RD address and loving it.

Big change for me and my family as I continue to work in Wellington and help my wife run the business on the new property ... which consists of 2 homestays and a fully licenced Hospitatlity venue. Looking at running the place as a wedding venue.

Love my new house too ... big 4 bedroom recently reno'ed Farm House. Great setup for my young family. The only negative is we are plagued with cluster flies!!! Cooler weather over the last few days has kept them at managable levels so I'm hoping for more rain and cooler weather to deal to these pests.

Looking forward to contributing to this forum.

[8D]

3.8 ha ... 2 homestays ... 19 sheep ... 1 kune kune pig ... 3 cats ... 1 rabbit and a wife and 2 kids under 14 years old. Plus a full time job in Wellington. Phew!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #328971 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Hi from the Wairarapa
Hi Akupe and welcome to lsb :D

Congratulations on your new life - it sounds very exciting and full on! Look on the home page for a great article on how to stop cluster flies.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
12 years 1 month ago #328992 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Hi from the Wairarapa
Hi Akupe

Wellcome to the Wairarapa, its a lovely area you have chosen to live in :p

I find that having doors and windows open lessens the cluster fly invasion. Sometimes I need the reminder of the tick tick ticking on the ceiling in the AM to get them open, and then they fly away to a "better" place.[;)] :D

Good Luck with the new venture

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
12 years 1 month ago #328994 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Hi from the Wairarapa
Welcome to the Wairarapa LSB. We've been on our block close to Martinborough for just over 2 years and love it.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
12 years 1 month ago #329005 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Hi from the Wairarapa
Wecolme to here sounds like you are going to be very busy:)

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 1 month ago #329426 by Akupe
Replied by Akupe on topic Hi from the Wairarapa

sod;315508 wrote: Wecolme to here sounds like you are going to be very busy:)

Yep ... I come to work to rest ;) But I'm enjoying the busyness. My 9-5 job is very mundane but I find I come to work on Monday (like today) with sore legs, feet and shoulders due to all the walking and stuff I do on my new property. Cutting firewood with my new chainsaw (input Tim the tool man grunt), mowing the lawns with my lawn tractor, ensuring my spring water tank is full (but not overflowing), transferring my rainwater collector from one tank to another etc etc etc ... so much fun stuff to do and learn.

The only downer is moving in over winter ... due to my 9-5 job communte I only see daylight at home in the weekends [xx(]

3.8 ha ... 2 homestays ... 19 sheep ... 1 kune kune pig ... 3 cats ... 1 rabbit and a wife and 2 kids under 14 years old. Plus a full time job in Wellington. Phew!!!

More
12 years 1 month ago #329508 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Hi from the Wairarapa
:) and the weekends become a place of release and happiness :)
:) welcome to the site with lots of great advice and helpful people :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #329515 by gemini kiwi
Replied by gemini kiwi on topic Hi from the Wairarapa
Hi there Akupe, welcome to LSB, your new place sounds delightful, I wish you and your wife every success with your new venture. we're on SH53.
GK

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds