Yet another greenhorn looking for fencing advice

More
12 years 2 months ago #22876 by Lyndarin
Like most on here, hubby and I have been trolling through the archives gaining useful tidbits and are now in the process of negotiating to purchase an 8 acre block in the Selwyn district - Canterbury.

Can anyone recommend a fencing contractor and give us a rough idea as to how much we might pay per metre for a deer fence?

Thanks for all the advice on here in the forums!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #327797 by kate
Hi Lyndarin and welcome to lsb :D

I have no idea of fencing costs in your part of the world but I'm sure someone closer will be able to help soon.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
12 years 2 months ago #327878 by LongRidge
The cost will depend quite a lot on how many posts per meter, the type of posts used, the size of posts used, the amount of wire in the netting, the difficulty of the terrain, and how much you are going to do yourself. Upwards of $15+ GST per meter for an erected fence including materials and labour.
If either you or the neighbour don't want the deer fence then you/they only have to pay for the stock you are keeping in. So if his stock are trees which don't need fences to keep them in then he doesn't have to pay anything. Ditto if the fence already there does the job adequately. If he does have trees,or anything, and doesn't have the stock at the moment that need that kind of fence, there is a rigmarole to go through to notify him that if he uses your fence at a later time, perhaps years later, then you can invoice him a share of the fencing costs. But that has to be done before the fence is started.

More
12 years 2 months ago #327938 by Lyndarin
Thanks - all advice right now is great advice!

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds